To all the c section ladies

VikkiR

Reaction score
How long was it before your tummy deflated and you didn't look pregnant anymore? Thank you x

Ill be 6 weeks postnatal on monday and mine is only just starting to look kind of "normal" again, still flabby but i dont look pregnant anymore xx

Early days for me then, it's been just a week and deflating slowly and I'm on a strict low carb low fat diet xx

Today is the first day I've noticed a real difference, I also retained a lot of water, carpal tunnel still bad. Was told to wear the sexy white surgical stockings for 2 weeks. Struggled to inject myself with Fragmin but last one tomorrow - YAY xx

I was about 3 weeks felt like forever! Wont be long tho hun im sure you will be back to normal soon :) xx

Larny & Hayden taptalking away :D

Today is the first day I've noticed a real difference, I also retained a lot of water, carpal tunnel still bad. Was told to wear the sexy white surgical stockings for 2 weeks. Struggled to inject myself with Fragmin but last one tomorrow - YAY xx

Sorry to hijack thread but how come you gotta inject yourself if you dont mind me asking?

I was given 1 Fragmin jab after id had Jaiden and declined the second, was told if i didnt want it i had to move around which i did but nothing more was said bout it

I also had to keep the stockings on for 4 weeks xx

I had to have a weeks worth of Fragmin (standard practice at my hospital for over 40s c section mums) and only stayed in hospital for 2 days so I had to do the other 5 xx

Last edited:
That's what I had to do vikki. Made my DH do the injections tho cos I couldn't, I'm only 26 but my hospital have everyone do it.

Mine is flabby lol but the muscles went back after three or four weeks xx

Mines gone down an awful lot this week but I think I'm losing alot of water. I've had really bad night sweats for the last 5 nights where I'm literally foaming and my hair is wet through, attractive eh? :) xx

I retained so much water by the end of my pregnancy it was unreal. Prob 4 weeks for swelling to go down but a good 8 weeks for most of the water retention to go. It's 12 weeks now, I'd say I only started to feel normal a couple of weeks ago! I was quite poorly for several weeks after the birth so that didn't help.

Glad your getting back to normal - funny once you see a improvement, it really tips up the other way and you start notticing a big improvement

Horrible to have injections , very strange, perhals it depends on your hosp, ive had 4 sections down south and last one at age 37 and no injections for me, socks came off day two I think? think that's a big mean on you ladies to have to wear them for weeks after? there not exactly sexy! Once you get them off yourll feel loads better

Last edited:
I must say compared to what I imagined I feel fabulous. The day after my section I was in the hospital shower legs up on the sink shaving my legs, one at a time, not both together :D I've been out and about since day 5, I feel so much better and fitter and healthier now that I'm not pregnant :)

Mine is still the same 7 months later. The joy of separated muscles!

What's the fragmin jab? I had to have a course of injections for deep vein thrombosis but that was it??

Oh just googled it and I had fragmin too. Got my mum to inject mine for me and the midwife did one too

I've got high dose fragmin for 7 days cos my nan died of a blood clot and my dad has had several on his lungs. Got the stockings too which are quite comfy apart from the fact my little toe keeps getting strangled lol. They've given me a checklist of symptoms to look out for as well

Compared to how I felt when I was pregnant I feel fantastic until I sit down naked and both my nipples rest on the remains of my belly button.....oh well lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back