TMI question

Chrissi

Reaction score
On friday I started miscarrying, the blood is very odd though, it seems to be so thick it doesnt make it out onto the pad, it appears to be backing up untill I sit on the toilet. Then it runs out. It is a mixture of dark red, pink/red and a clear mucous. It is like an elastic band. Ive never experienced blood like this and worried that I may be loosing too much but cant monitor it due to not 'soaking' any pads.

is it normal or should I call 111?

Didn't want to read and run......with my last mc, I was in a and e so I'm not sure what you should expect, but if you are concerned call 111.

Last edited:
With my last one I had thick almost blackish blood and pieces of tissue... I don't think they did my Erpc very well .some of it It was stringy like you said so don't worry sometimes only came out when I sat on the toilet. I'm so sorry it's happened to you aswell. I think you'll know if your losing to much blood I worried about this too so I know how you feel x hope it's over for you soon xx

I haven't had any medical attention yet I have a scan on the 3rd march to make sure everything has gone, but I find it weird to not be soaking into the pad. I also have had a pain for a week in my right ovary area And radiating into my thigh. Its really strange x

I too have had a miscarriage last week.

i have had The clear mucus like blood stuff you describe too...

Tmi warning: but what your describing sounds like the gestational sac (dont know if this is the correct name) mine came out all as one ...but it sounds same colour and texture that you describe and there is no way it would of soaked up into the pad either, so sounds very normal.

I have felt light and dizzy as if i have lost alot of blood, but have been resting and taking iron tablets to aid that feeling.

Sorry for what your going through...xxx

I had that hun. I can't remember if that was before or after my big bleed but it was defiantly a lot thicker than usual. It's perfectly normal. they told me "if you think you can manage it by yourself then the best place is at home away from lots of stress if you start to feel light headed or you are getting concerned by the blood loss then phone up the womens ward at the hospital (or 111))

I had exactly the same as what you describe in Nov. Pad almost clear then going to the loo and woosh. I was just as worried as it went on for two days. I wasn't in serious pain (just stomach cramps) and just as I was deciding to call the docs, it started to ease off. Don't worry. If the pain increases or it isn't beginning to ease off tomorrow, call your epau, they should reassure you or get you in for a scan. It's horrible to have to go through this, so sorry for your loss.

Hi ive had this since friday evening and so far shows no sign of letting up. Cramps are only minor now but the pain in my right side is still bothering me. I have calles the epu this morning and just waiting for a call back. I started using a washing liquid cap to try and measure the amount of blood loss but it gushing before I get chance to sit, its the most undignifying thing ive experienced. Yes and im sorry about yours aswell. X

Yeah they did call back, but didn't seem to understand what I was saying. It was a different person i spoke to this time and she didn't appear to have time for me. she just kept saying you only need to come in if you are soaking 2 pads an hour. As for the pain in my side she said it may or may not be part of the miscarriage and I would have to wait until the bleeding stops to find out what it is.
The bleeding has almost stopped now and is similar to those last few days of a period. It's concerning though that i still have 6 days until my scan and that an infection could start before then.

Has anyone also started clomid straight after miscarriage and if so when did you start taking it? Not sure if its to soon to start ttc as soon as the bleeding stops but that is my plan, and would like any stories of people getting pregnant straingt after mc xx

If your bleeding is easing off it sounds like it's coming to a gradual end. Your scan will help to set your mind at rest, but in the meantime you would only need to be worried if you started to develop a temperature, the bleeding gets heavier or your cramps become v v painful. I know how difficult it is to feel so in the dark about what's going on in your own body, but there really is little you can do but sit it out at this point. Sorry I can't be more reassuring.
With each of my mc I've waited for at least one cycle before ttc again, just so that I could feel like my body was back to normal rhythm. I have been fortunate that I haven't needed clomid, so I can't help on that score.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back