TMI post depo question

Donna88

Reaction score
Okay, warning this is pretty gross.

I didn't think much of it when on the depo, I think I just got used to it and assumed it was normal... but after having sex, things were very messy, it was like my husbands sperm just fell out of me. I assumed like I say that was normal and that some stayed in there. A friend a few years ago commented on it as well, I can't remember how it came up but she was joking about how does anyone get pregnant when it all fall out... I didn't think much of it at the time, again that just made me think it was normal, but she was also on the depo.

Anyway, I've been off the depo for 2 months now and for at least the last month... this doesn't happen anymore. Things are a lot cleaner.

I know that depo does increase cervical mucus or something to stop sperm getting through.

I just wondered if anyone else has been on the depo and experienced this? Surely it must be a good sign that things are getting back to normal.

I came off the depo last march and it still feels messy! I just assumed my oh produced a lot of sperm! I can't really remember what it was like before the depo so I can't really compare it. A lot does fall out though so i tend to lie with my legs up just to minimise the mess! I miss condoms!! Xxx

Can I ask have you got your periods back yet?

yeah, my periods came back straight away and are pretty much a regular 30 days each month. i obviously dont know if i am definitely ovulating but i do opk and get positives on the same day each month too.
i came off the depo in 2011 for the first time (after being on it 5 years) and was pregnant 2 months later and didnt have a single period. its been so different this time! xxx

Thank you that's interesting.

I was on it before for 4 years, but came off and onto the pill.... I think it took 9 months to have a period but as we weren't trying I wasn't paying much attention and I can't remember if that was after I also came off the pill or not (If that makes sense) I've only had two injections this time so really hoping it doesn't take 9 months plus for me to be fertile again.

I've been having a lot of symptoms lately of AF coming... really big sore boobs, dry sensitive nipple, cramps and back ache ect... but wouldn't be surprised if they suddenly go and nothing else happens for a while

that sounds positive, my first couple of periods were symptomless really, no cramp or mood changes or anything! so i dont think i was going through anything proper hormonal.
now though, i get all the signs. a tell-tale spot on my chin, cramps, etc.
i do think my body might still be adjusting. every month ive had 'pregnancy' signs when clearly i wasnt pregnant! xxx

I'm hoping its all good signs, but I'm also very aware of letting myself get my hopes up and then being disappointed.

I hope you get your BFP soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back