tips needed lol (tmi)

chrystal

Reaction score
any one got any constipation tips ?
a bit of a pointless post but feeling af cramps today thinking may be nearly my due on day lol..or the fact i havnt been to the loo since thurs ??
i have hardly slept cos of cramps :( x

Sit on loo - right back with knees elevated on something as tall as 2 shoe boxes- it positions the bowel so its more open- and relax- straining is a big no no

Lots of fibre, bran flakes are ideal
Lots of liquids to help flush through

Failing that go to pharmacy and ask for something pregnancy safe to help - usually a powder you dilute with water :)

Last edited:
Thursday? That seems an awful long time I'd speak to a pharmacist and get some fibre in your diet. Do you eat much fruit and veg? X

Awe constipation:(
I had to get early scans cause my pain was so bad.
Doc gave me lactoluce but to b honest it made me worse,
I got really bad wind, hunger pains an the cramps get worse.
I stopped it an uped my daily water, fruit, fruit juice an fibre intake,
An within two days the cramps were gone an I could use the toilet.
I also used a hot water bottle on my midwifes advice, it helps with the cramps x
Hope u feel better soon xx

lactulose but takes a few days to work plenty of fibre n water x

any one got any constipation tips ?
a bit of a pointless post but feeling af cramps today thinking may be nearly my due on day lol..or the fact i havnt been to the loo since thurs ??
i have hardly slept cos of cramps :( x

I'd say pretty much what everyone else says... my fibre intake has gone up drastically to cope with it!

incidentally.. i received a well being at work letter today at work.. it said how if you are dehydrated that you can become very constipated. so my water intake has also now increased!

you can defo get lactulose if it's really bad though.

horrible thing to discuss isn't it but we're all in the same boat! it's been MOST unpleasant! x

I've been taking peppermint oil tablets - only needed about 3 days of them and I'm back to normal now. They relax the lining of your digestive system. My doc recommended them - lactulose didn't work for me either. Think they are called colpersperin or something like that. They're available in places like sainsburys and tesco

Lots of fluids, hun and plenty of fibre. Fruit and veg are also good. I hope you feel better soon x x

Sit on loo - right back with knees elevated on something as tall as 2 shoe boxes- it positions the bowel so its more open- and relax- straining is a big no

I put toilet rolls under my feet because they're there and handy and you don't have to wrack your brains for something else to use :D

thanks everyone will definatly be tryin all these tips ...i am only goin once a week n need to be more regular LolXX

Hi ladies can I jump on this thread and ask how the Pain in constipation. I have has horrendous cramps really low down right across belly, so sore that they have woken me up the last 2 nights. I automatically feel the need to go to toilet to relieve them and nothing!! Does it sound like constipation? X x

sounds like it is constipation the pain can be really bad...hope the pain eases for you....my cramps sound similar come an go ..xx

Thanks for replying hon. I'm starting to really think that's what It could be. I'm at epu this morning to check hcg levels are rising so will ask there too. I was at this stage when I mc'd last so I'm stressed about every pain as you can guess! :wall: x x

Small handful of dried apricots - (chew them well) and a glass of lukewarm water. 2 or 3 times a day.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

Just been peeking at all these tips, will definitely be trying them out. Only been going every two to three days. My OH thought I was getting a bump, I don't have the heart to tell him I just need the loo but cant go!

thanks to all these tips 2 lires of fresh orange after 2 weeks i finally went to the toilet :D x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back