Diarrhea? TMI!

Lulu_Laroo

Reaction score
Sorry, I feel like I've been posting so much lately! But last night I woke up with terrible stomach cramps (bowel cramps) and had to make a dash to the loo.

Now, so sorry for the TMI, but I've never had diarrhea that bad in my life! I went all hot and dizzy, then realised I needed to be sick too, so shouted to OH to bring a bucket, so it was literally coming out of both ends :blush:

I've had tummy/digestive trouble since finding out I was pregnant, but mainly constipation and trapped wind. I'm now too scared to eat anything today!
Is diarrhea a normal pregnancy symptom or should I be worried?

Sounds like the bug I had a couple of weeks ago....when it was also literally coming out both ends (tmi lol)

I rang the docs about it but they said they couldnt do anything for it so just adviced me on what to eat/not eat

They suggested drinking flat full fat coke (I think this is to give you a bit of energy as its super sugary lol)
avoid cheese etc
try and eat carbs (I found plain jacket spud was the best)
they also said crisps are good ...think this is because of the salt

Other than that I was just told to drink as much as possible so I didnt get dehydrated and to rest as much as poss

Hope that helps a bit :)

sounds like a bug hun

on a other note ive had in both pregnancys terrible trouble with this its like IBS but only when pregnant, i do think pregnancy dose not help in this department as every things slowing down nworking harder
one minute i feel fine then i can be constipated the next i feel sick and loose ss lol no fun i just try to eat loads of fruit an veg, fruit juice, carbs etc x x

dont panic its a bug thts goin about, hubbys got it rite now

diarrhea is really common in early pregnancy as been suffering myself, I take Pregnacare tablets which i think have a mild laxative in too....

Just keep hydrated and stay off spicy or rich foods, I found soups and baguettes great!!

Feel better soon xx

I did suspect the pregnacare tablets! They always make me feel sick, too. I stopped taking them for a couple of days and have been taking normal folic acid pills instead, plus iron tablets which apparently help with that kind of thing.

Hey, i had that about a week ago! Woke up in the night with bad stomach cramps then had diarrhea also thought i was going to be sick but got back into bed and went to sleep and was fine in the morning! Since being pregnant my toilet habits have been very different! at first i was going to the loo a few times a day, then one day id be constipated, the next day diarrhea!

Ur body is adjusting so it could be anything. Best thing to do Is go to ur doctors. It could be a bug or gastritis which I ended up with 3 times during this pregnancy.
Get well soon

the things us woman have to go through its not fair!!! lol
it sounds like a bug i had same a couple weeks ago i got really hot on toilet felt like i was going to be sick but i wasnt thank god. hope u feel better soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back