Tips for sleeping in this heat?

I'm attempting a new thing tonight, I've dampened a towel and put it in the freezer, I'm going to put it on my pillow when I go to bed, apparently as your head holds 70% of the body's heat it works wonders....... Here's hoping!! X

I'm attempting a new thing tonight, I've dampened a towel and put it in the freezer, I'm going to put it on my pillow when I go to bed, apparently as your head holds 70% of the body's heat it works wonders....... Here's hoping!! X

Sounds interesting. Can u let me know how u get on with that and I could try it tomorrow if its a success. Gonna try the feet tonight xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

Sounds interesting. Can u let me know how u get on with that and I could try it tomorrow if its a success. Gonna try the feet tonight xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

Yes of course, I'll update tomorrow x

The keything is to lower your core body temperature. Once you have done that then all the other tricks like fans, open windows etc are so much more effective.

I have showering before bed as I feel it is a waste of time as I have to do it in the morning anyway, but having done some research, one of the fastest ways of lowering your body temp is a cool shower. Otherwise, although you may have a cool head or whatever it takes very little time to heat up again because it is warming your from the inside.

Your head does not hold any more heat than any other part of your body in reality - there are lots of bloodvessles on the head so it is a good idea to have cool wet hair as it helps maintain bosy temperatures, but anywhere where you have blood close to the skin will do that same. One really good top for during the day is to run your wrists under cold water as that has the same effect beings as a heck of a lot of blood goes through there so it helps to cool it down.

As I said though, all of this is only stop gaps if you don;t lower you core temperature to start with, so cool (not cold) baths or showers before bed!

Last night... I wet my hair and tied it back and also put wet socks on my feet. OH also attached wet sponges to the front of the fan. Wow! I fell to sleep almost instantly and had 9 hours sleep! 1 wee break and woke up when the cat attacked the sponge on the fan!

Thanks ladies. I really needed that xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back