Tips for sleeping in this heat?

Kelly450

Reaction score
I have the fan on.. I had cold flannels, resorted to just a pair of knickers! But I am just tooo restless to sleep! I cant get comfy at all and im boiling and I can tell OH is getting annoyed.

Anything else I can do? Or am I in for a long night!?

Am I the only one :-(

Sent from my GT-I9300

No I can't sleep either I'm just not comfy hugs xx

Nope awful im at mums and her big windows dont poxy open just fan light so feeling awful . missing my bf too . really need some sleep grrd

im up as cant sleep either!!!
Had fan on but i hate it,its made me feel coldy and sore throaty vxx

Fan, pillow between your legs, eat a huge handful of walnuts or almonds. Heat makes it awful.

Same, really struggling and moaning like a good un! I also wore wet socks which helped a bit. I also found that evenings where I've soaked my feet in cold water prior to bed I'm a, little cooler so it just help lower your core body temp.
We still have another week of these temperatures, I can't stand it!!!! Going to last until I finish work, typical!

Xx

Asleep at 2am.4am and 6.30am...fan was doing my head in I also feel bunged up now.had wet flannel over forehead. ..hope I get to stay in mh own house tonight xx

I for the first time in weeks slept well last night! I got a sarong, soaked it in water and that did the trick last night! Hope you get a better night tonight x

I was tempted to wet a towel maybe ill do tonight x

I soaked a towel and draped it over me, the bed got kinda soggy but it did help.

Thanks ladies. Ill try the socks tonight or soaking my feet before bed. Its only the last couple of nights that ive struggled and I see it being regular now xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300

Im struggling to sleep without having the fan on all night, i just cant breath and feel all bunged up, but my poor oh cant sleep with the fan on so hes suffering poor thing, feel abit bad on him now , i tryed to turn fan off last night but immediatley felt all hot n botherd so it went back on!x

echo to cool your feet right down, it does make a difference. x

Nat I couldnt sleep without the fan. Luckily ive got the OH used to the noise :)
Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

The fans not helping me sleep, it was blowing hot air at me!

Underwear, no duvet, windows wide open = perfect nights sleep (for me, anyway).

I keep my bedroom curtains and windows closed in the day, and open the windows at night to keep the room a bit cooler. Xx

I cant sleep without fan it had to go back on!! My oh is asleep under a big duvet and heres me baking no covers, little clothes and fan on!!! He makes me hot just looking at him!hax

The fans not helping me sleep, it was blowing hot air at me!

Underwear, no duvet, windows wide open = perfect nights sleep (for me, anyway).

I keep my bedroom curtains and windows closed in the day, and open the windows at night to keep the room a bit cooler. Xx

Oh no! Id hate for my fan to blow hot hair on me. Mines a great big fan :). We keep them closed too. We have the sun set outside our window which doesnt help at all. And we also
put a matress protector down just in case for my waters and that holds in a lot of heat I think! X

I cant sleep without fan it had to go back on!! My oh is asleep under a big duvet and heres me baking no covers, little clothes and fan on!!! He makes me hot just looking at him!hax

oh gosh. Im surprised anyone can sleep under a duvet in this lol xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

I'm afraid there's not a lot we can do about it. We open all windows and doors in the house a few hours before going to bed. Some nights I make my hair wet before going to bed which really helps and it takes a long time for my hair to dry. xx

Blackout curtains closed all day no sun in bedroom, windows open. Tower fan close (remote controlled). Cool shower before bed no covers.

I'm afraid there's not a lot we can do about it. We open all windows and doors in the house a few hours before going to bed. Some nights I make my hair wet before going to bed which really helps and it takes a long time for my hair to dry. xx

When I finally went back to bed last night, I wet my face n hairline and managed to fall to sleep much more quickly. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back