heat is getting too much!!!

the heat is just killing me, any one else suffering?

i dont know how im going to manage the next few months, i seem to be sweating buckets, i have a fan in every room in the house, and having a job where im on my feet all day is not helping, i feel like im walking on hot coals by the end of the day.

sorry for moaning on abit

I definately feel you...I work in a glass factory right over open flames...So in the summer it gets easily well over 100 degrees...And it is really getting to me already...On really bad days I cannot eat because it is way too hot and then I get very nauseated and throw up (sorry its gross)...And my feet swell to the size of watermelons to boot!!...Only a few more months to go thank goodness!
I find that on my breaks if I kick off my shoes and prop my feet up it seems to help some...If you have a place at work you can do that you probably should have them elevated as much as possible especially in the heat...Also have you tried drinking gatorade?...It is a little better than water because it puts electrolytes back in your body...And I was using ice cold rags on my neck but I recently read that when you are hot and you put cold on your body it restricts your blood vessels and keeps the heat in...It says to use luke warm instead...I found that kind of interesting...Definately worth trying out...I hope you find comfort real soon!
Pansy

Buy a paddling pool!!!!!!!!!! I spent the weekend sitting in a paddling pool in the garden reading a book and it was lovely, kept my body temperature down whilst still allowing my to enjoy the sun.
When do you finish working?

Ah pet

i know how you feel the heat is a complete nightmare. The swimming pool is a great idea, all weekend long thats what my three year old and myself did was stayed in the back garden with the swimming pool. Graet way of cooling down.

Hope it is not as hot today!

i definatly know how you feel... its so warm even iff i wear a t-shirt its boiling hot n its geting me tired more..
i also suffer from swollem anckles well basically everything from my knee down is swollen and thats annoying now especially with the heat.. yesterday i was just sat watching the soaps and my foot just went numb lol...i have no socks that will fit me now neither lol..i dont know how to stop the swelling,, first thing in the morning there fine im thin again but by the end of the day i look like a sumo wrestler.lol

Hi carrie, I was reading the other day about swollen ankles, and it said how swelling gets worse towards the end of the day, and its advice was ironically to drink more fluids, as this helps with swelling and water retention aparently. as well as trying to keep your feet elevated.

lol.. i have enough fluid in me lol... my fingers my legs n my anckles are all swollen lol..ill try drinking more fluid though, even though that meens more trips to the toilet lol.Thanx

im working up until 2 weeks before im due, im only a student nurse, but im on placement, so im working 10 hour shifts in the hospital on my feet all day and wearing a thick itchy uniform :-( i have a paddling pool, which i enjoy so much on my days off but the heat at work is getting me down.

i sympathise - one of my friends said don't get pregnant in the summer - i now know why!!
was sat at the weekend witha damp tea towel around my head and shoulders keeping me cool - i also got sun burnt sat in the shade which never normally happens.
have had to stop wearing my wedding rings due to my hands swelling a little - and my ankles are non - existent!
thank god i have stopped work now i could never have coped!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back