Tia Nicole Fairbrass - 15/04/11

lea554

Reaction score
Well, here I am, writing this, a bit sooner than expected!

It all started with a routine midewife appt in the morning. She was one I had never seen before, and when she took my blood pressure, immedietly barked at me to go and sit in the waiting room to relax! My blood pressure was really high, around 102/140, and it stayed like that the whole time I was there. My urine also had +2 of protien in it. When she asked what plans I had for the rest of the day, I kinda knew what was coming (but not to the extent that it did!)....

So, off I popped up the hospital, expecting them to take my BP, and send me home again. Becuase of this, I didnt want to panic anyone and went on my own. Once there, my BP had actually gone up, and my urine had +3 protien in it. They done blood tests and basically said I had pre-eclampsia, and that it means my placenta was literally poisioning my organs - and this was confirmed when they said it had affected my liver results.
From this point, things went very quickly - they told me I would be admitted, and probably induced in the morning. At 1600hrs, they said they were taking me to the ward, and wheeled me (wudnt let me walk!), but to a delivery room??!! I was then examined by the consultant who said that I needed to be induced. He examined me, and to my shock, told me I was 3cm!!! And that he could break my waters!! So, he broke my waters to see if that helped things a long a bit. By this point, im still on my own, and starting to get hubby on his way from work, and my cousin, who had to come from central london to devon!

They induced me at 2000hrs, and I didnt even really feel any contractions till around midnight. This meant I was on a drip, with a catheter and on a monitor constantly. I was then asked about an epidural, and was going to consider it, seeing as I was all hooked up to the machines anyway - however, this was taken out of my hands when my platelet count went so low, the anaesthist wouldnt do one anyway! He also said that if I required a C section, it may have to be under general, as my platelet count was so low.

So, no epdiural for me! Had diamorphine, which was great fun at first - however, by the time I felt like pushing, it had completly worn off!
By 02:30, I was ready to push - the pain was getting really bad, and it was at this point, I think it all went into a blur. Baby was distressed, so they had to take blood from her head via an internal - I think I was borderline c-section, as I was classed as high-risk. I remember needing to push, using just gas and air, and god - its painful!! I was in despair in between contractions, crying, and whimpering, and then shouting like mad when I was pushing!
Tia was then born at 03:43hrs - I think I was in a state of shock tbh - she was put on me, and I dont even think I touched her - she was then whisked away, and the midwife pressed the emergency call button, coz she wasnt breathing. They then resuictated her, and gave her back - but I cant really remeber what was going on - reading my notes afterwards has been an eye opener!

Anyway, now all fine, both recovered, and I was allowed home after 5 days.
I think the whole pre-eclampsia/being induced came as such as a shock as I was feeling fine - just dont want to think about what would have happened if I didnt have a midwife appt that day...

So, Tia Nicole was born at 03:43hrs, weighing 6lbs, at 37+4.
Now the shock has worn off, I am amazed by her!!! And I would do it again - with an epidural though, or c-section if I will be classed as high-risk!

Thank you jodied for keeping in touch and updating everyone. xxxx

aww congratulations and glad you was checked out too :) x

huge congratulations hun, scary by the sounds of things but am so pleased for you that it turned out perfectly and now you have your gorgeous little girl xx

Wow that is really amazing! I didn't think you could be so ill with no symptoms. Bless you just trotting up the hospital on your own, totally something I would do! Sounds like you did really well with the whole situation, and congratulations on your little girl :D

Sounds like you done so well congratulations Hun xx

Congrats again sounds like you were really quite poorly my dear so well done you on being so brave and taking it all in your stride! x

Congrats again honey, it sounds like you did really well through quite a difficult birth, good on ya!!!! Both you and Jodie text buddies and both went early :)

x x x x

Blimey! What an ordeal!!

Well done you for coping with everything so well! You're right, doesn't bare thinking about what may have happened if you didn't have a midwife appointment! So glad it was picked up!!

Love her name, OH wanted Tia if we had a girl!

Glad you're both at home and you can start to enjoy each other!

Xxxx

Congratulations!
What a rough time you seemed to have. Well done you.
xxx

You did amazing throughout all of that. Congratulations!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back