Rubie Nicole Christmas Day Baby!!

Kim

Reaction score
Sorry it's taken a while but I have been really ill after the birth of my baby on Christmas morning and haven't been able to get to the computer.

Ruby Nicole was born at 3:42am on 25 December 2005 weighing 6lb 9oz. She was exactly 3 weeks early so a good size.

My waters broke in the early hours of Christmas Eve. I went to the hospital where they confirmed it was my waters but sent me home because I wasn't having contractions. I was booked in for an induction on Boxing Day. As soon as I got home my contractions started so after a couple of hours I was back in hospital begging for an epidural!! The relief was amazing but from then on everything went wrong. The epidural went wrong and turned into a spainal block, and some fluid leaked back which they warned me may cause a headache. Then it stopped working on one side so they had to resite it, but it still only worked on one side. So I ended up giving birth with gas and air to cope with the pain on the left hand side of my stomach. Anyway baby Rubie was born and I had a 2nd degree tear which need 3 stitches. Shortly after the birth I developed severe pain 'down there' and was literally screaming and shouting begging them to do something, even kill me, just to stop the pain!! They examined me and realised I had a haematoma (blood clot) in my perineum and I was rushed down to theatre for an emergency operation to drain the blood.

I was really poorly after that and couldn't get out of bed or look after my baby, but on boxing day afternoon I started feeling better and was allowed home. But as soon as I got home I felt bad again and couldn't get up off the settee because of the headache which was caused by the spinal block. The community midwife came round and took one look at me and sent me back to hospital where they performed another procedure where they inject your blood into your spine to clot over the hole which is causing the headaches. So I had that done last night and I feel fine now and am able to look after my baby (I couldn't before cos i couldn't get up)

Sorry for such a long post, I've just realised how long it is!! well here are some pictures of my princess she was well worth it all!

rubie1day22.jpg

rubie3days.jpg

rbie3days66.jpg

Kim xxx

aww Kim

Baby medal on its way to you. it sounded horrendous. i definitely agree that Rubie is beautiful and definitely worth all that pain.

Congratulations hun and well done.

x

Hiya Kim

I agree it does sound as though you have had an ordeal and a half :shock:

Rubie is absolutely gorgeous, you must be so proud of her :D :D

I am pleased that you are feeling lots better and can spend time with your princess.

Xxx

wow Kim!

sorry you had such a rough time of it hun.

glad you are feeling better now tho, Ruby is lovely!

Congrats!

xx

Congratualtions mate, she is a little beauty!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

awww she is gorgeous! congratulations sorry to hear you had a bad time. hope it all get better from now on

claire
xxxxxxxxxxx

sorry to hear you had such a rough time of it Kim! :shock:

Hope you are feeling a bit better and on the road to a speedy recovery!

Rubie is beautiful, you must be so proud!

Take care of yourself!

xx

:( Oh Kim it sounds awful - but looking at baby Rubie I can understand why you say it was all worth it!

Glad to hear you're feeling better now,

Lucy

34 + 1

Wow what a time you have been through. You are sure a survivor girl!!

I have to admit your baby is absolutley beautiful!! and the name suits her perfectly.

Wishing you all the very best with Ruby.

Luv Tineke

Hello

Congradulations hun, she is beautiful.

You had a rough time but you got through it and now you can enjoy Ruby.
Hope things are better for you now and take care.
Katrina

Hi Kim

Am i allowed to change my mind about this giving birth thing? :shock: :?:

She is absolutely beautiful! Did someone go out and buy that Xmas suit? How cute!

Glad to hear you are feeling better.

I have just announced to the DH that another January baby has arrived early and he is now hopping round the house in a panic. :lol:

I have instructed that before the weekend I want the cot, buggy and car seat sorted. He is not allowed to do anything else until we have this bit done!

Best of luck to you with your gorgeous baby. Shes fab!

Lots of Love

CONGRATULATIONS

Rubie is gorgeous (love the name too)

So glad you are ok now, but what a terrible time you had.

Now you can sit back and enjoy your little one xxx

CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN

Ragna xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Congratulations Kim, Rubie Nicole is gorgeous!!!

Sorry you had such a rough time of it.
Such a bueatiful Xmas present :D xxxx

:lol: CONGRATULATIONS KIM :lol:

She is beautiful. I love the Christmas outfit. Very appropiate too considering her birth date!!! :wink:

wow kim... i didn't realise you was soo close t yoru date.. time flys...

She is a little diamond.. so cute! absolutely gorgeous.. you must be so proud! and we are all sooo proud of you.. what a time you had at the hospital... glad it's all over now and you an get on with looking after your gorgeous little girl!

Love her name...

well done
x

Kim - so delighted that you and Rubie are well...You had such a rough time, I'm glad that you are okay now.

I will be induced on January 9th, all going well, which is also three weeks early.

Keep fingers crossed and hug that lovely baby for me!

Sue

congratulations hun shes lovely and what a lovely name xxxxx

Congratulations hun, sorry you had a rough time! So glad you didn't have to suffer with the spinal headache too long...I had to wait mine out.

Rubie is gorgeous and I love her name!

Congratualtions hun, am sorry to hear that there were some problems but looking at the photos I guess it was all worth it hey? Beautiful baby and a lovely name. Lots of love xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back