Thrush of the skin???

munchkin1982

Reaction score
Hi girls, I was just wondering whether anyone else had suffered from what is classified as "thrush of the skin"?

When I went to see the consultant last week I mentioned about a rash that had appeared... I didn't think anything of it to start with as it looked exactly like a sweat rash and what with my over-heating and being incredibly hot of late I didn't think anything was wrong.

Anyway, she had a look, and decided that it looked very much like "thrush of the skin" so she prescribed me some thrush cream...

Now I must add here that the rash appeared sort of on the folds of my legs where my knickers sit and has gradually worked its way up onto my bump. It was a little itchy but only in the middle of the night.

However, since I have been using the cream it has become increasingly more itchy especially the bit on my bump...

Have any of you suffered from this?

Also, just to mention too - I have never suffered from thrush before although I know that as a woman it can lie dormant in us even though we may not suffer from it.

It is annoying me now because the OH was moaning the other day that he appears to be suffering and all I want to do is be "close" to him if you know what I mean :whistle:

Sorry for the long post but I'm getting a little worried now... xx

Last edited:
After my son was born he managed to get it in his mouth and then passed it on to me. I had it all over my boobs it was awful. Id never had it before either. I found the cream didnt help and it was agony to feed my son. In the end I had to stop feeding for a while because we were just assing it back and forth between eachother.
Have you just got the regular canesten cream?

After my son was born he managed to get it in his mouth and then passed it on to me. I had it all over my boobs it was awful. Id never had it before either. I found the cream didnt help and it was agony to feed my son. In the end I had to stop feeding for a while because we were just assing it back and forth between eachother.
Have you just got the regular canesten cream?

Aaawww hun... yeah the consultant did mention that alot of babies tend to have it in the mouth when they are born...

Yes, it's just the regular canesten cream... i was wondering whether I might be allergic to it if it is causing me to itch more? I certainly haven't been using it as regular as I should be - I've had 3 days off from it now and the itching appears to have stopped - apart from the bit on my bump (that also appears to be the worst of the rash too :-() xx

yeh I cant say mine did much to stop the itching but it certainly didnt make it any worse, although I barely used it either. I suppose best to just not use it, if its going down on its own or go back to doctor and ask for a different cream. They do a childs on which is alot milder maybe try that?
Hope it goes away soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back