Blinking Thrush

Samsgirl

Reaction score
Evening ladies...

I think i have the very beginnings of thrush....not had it for years!! might of known it would rear it's ugly head once i got pregnant...

i would always have gone for the canesten tablet thing and cream, but I'm guessing the tablets are a no go with a bean on board...

any tips/help would be greatly appreciated???

thanks in advance

xxx

Hey :wave:

Don't worry, your not the only one! I'm really suffering too!!! If I remember correctly you can use the pessary and the cream but not the oral pill. I'm going to my first midwife appointment tomorrow and will ask her to give me some medication as it's driving me crazy, I'll let you know.

Hope this helps a little

xxx

awww thanks chick........look forward to some advice tomorrow then :D xx

It won't be until tomorrow afternoon. Just found this on the NHS website xx

Pregnant and breastfeeding women

If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, do not use any medication that is available over-the-counter (OTC) in a pharmacy. Instead, visit your GP.
You will not be prescribed oral antifungal treatment because it may affect your baby. You may be prescribed an intravaginal pessary, such as clotrimazole, econazole or miconazole, to be used for at least seven days.
If you are pregnant, take care when inserting a pessary, because there is a risk of injuring your cervix (the neck of the womb). To reduce the risk, you may prefer to insert the pessaries by hand instead of using the applicator.
If you have vulval symptoms, such as vulval soreness, you may also be prescribed a topical imidazole cream.

oh okay.....lovely...will see how i go and if it gets worse will pop to docs....thanks again petal xx

Hey :wave:

Sorry it's late but I spoke to my midwife (she was a stand in), she told me to speak to my doctor. Helpful!! Can't see doctor until next week :mad:

Sorry x

My doc gave me the pessary a couple of weeks back! x

i went into boots and spoke to the pharmacist and he said that the cansten cream was fine to use.......so i got some. it's relieved it loads :) if it doesn't get any better in a few days will see about a pessery...but at least this is stopping the itching xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back