TMI -thrush???

lrb

Reaction score
Sorry, tmi.. I've never had thrush before and don't really know wht it is, but think I may have it.. Last couple days it's been really itchy and sore..feel really uncomfortable and seems to be getting worse, sometimes in the day I can be fine but others it's like.. Grrrrrrrr ahhhhh!!! Tmi.. I had a look and I'm red raw!! Do u think it is this?? And beings I'm pregnant can I just go buy the one off tv, tablet n cream from chemist? I'm seeing doc Wednesday anyway but don't know if I can wait that long!
Thanks x

Do you have creamy discharge that doesn't smell offensive? (sorry if tmi)
Your symptoms do sound like thrush x

I had discharge the day before it started which was really runny which I put down to pregnancy but didn't smell no :s haven't had none since xxx

Does sound like thrush, check with the chemist before you buy hun, I'm not sure you can take the tablet part of canesten when pregnant but think the pessary is ok, but ask x

Okay thank u! Might try change docs app to tomoz afternoon instead of wed! X

I had the same thing about 2 weeks ago, and i've never had thrush either, so didn't know what to do, It lasted 2 days and on 2nd day I said i'd go to pharmacy, luckily it was gone the next morning, I had a good few lukewarm baths and that seemed to help a bit.

hi id say you have thrush, i had it the other week after a course of antibiotics, it was so uncomfortable itchy, TMI cottage cheese like in appearence! go to chenist and you can get caneston combi its a pessary and relief cream, you cant take the oral tablets though, have a word with the phamacist.

you will feel so much better, i couls of cried when i had it!!

deffo think its that!!! i had it over weekend (tmi) and i got the dual pessary and cream and the day after it was sooo much better... i never had it in pregnancy so not sure what they will give you but i hope it clears up for you soon... i feel your pain its soooo annoying and uncomfortable!!!!!!!!!!

FYI, if you eat yogurt daily it can cure and even prevent it. Basically the good bacteria we all have are the same as in yogurt, and the thrush ones fight them off and win. So it helps to rebalance you. Especially if you are taking antibiotics, definitely eat a yogurt every day to replenish the good guys! Back before medications ladies would put plain yogurt on instead of creams and that also cures it, although that goes a bit farther than I would do. I think eating it is fine :)

domestic human xx

ive heard that yogurt was good for thrush but i always thought you had to put it up 'there' not eat it lol soo glad i didnt go for that option xx pmsl xx

I've had thrush regularly throughout my pregnancy. I actually seem to be somewhat susceptible to it generally but pregnancy seems to have made it worse. You don't have to have the discharge by the way, you can just have the irritated itchy skin by itself.

Apparently, pregnant woment are more likely to get it as our immune systems are a bit lower than usual. The pharmacist will probably ask you to see your GP first, to check that it's not anything other than thrush but you should be able to get some internal/external cream to treat it afterwards (I don't think you can have the tablets or the pesaries while your pregnant) but internal cream is just as effective anyway :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back