those who know how to work ebay please help

pips

Reaction score
ok i don't know how long this is going to be, sorry if i'm rambling i'm REALLY upset

right as quite a few of you know zoé was at the nursery whilst i finished my last term at uni. this cost me a fortune (around £1,200 for 2 1/2 months) anyway i had asked uni if they would help with the costs of the nursery and they had said yes so my mum and i scraped together every penny we had -my mum gave the money she was saving to pay taxes- and my gran even gave me my inheritance in advance so i could put zoé into careshare.

i was really couting on getting some of the money back to pay my mum back. so i gave in the application and recently got a letter through the post from the welfare office at uni telling me to phone back. i did so this morning and was told that i wouldnt get a pound as i'm french and that i can't even apply for a student loan.... :cry:

basically i am f***ed!!!!! :wall:
my mum needs the money back and i don't have an income, i'm already finding it hard to make ends meet as being foreign i don't get all the benefits british people get.

so i'm going to try to sell my clothes and items that might earn me money so i can pay my mum back (am so embarassed i have to owe her).
anyway i got an italian leather coat last year and wore it once so its brand new. its worth £1,000. i thought the place where i could sell it and get the best price for it is prob ebay but i have noidea how to work it, what to do, etc.

plase help, i'm going mental and am soooo miserable
i owe my mum about £900 :cry:
i think i might even have to drop my studies :(

illhelp you later this evening once kids are asleep uunless someone else helps

im an ebay addict, ill help you heres my msn [email protected].
give me a buzz im allways online throughout the day.
im sorry your in trouble i hope things get better for u soon. xhannahx

Hey Hun,

Sorry to hear that you're going through it. :(
Are you sure you can't claim help from your French government? (I know that if you're British living in a foreign country you can claim unemployment from the UK government. Not sure about other benefits though?)

As for Ebay, I have been using it for about a year.
Firstly you need to register:

https://scgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... Id=default

You will have to put in your bank details to set up your account. Once you have done that, its all pretty self explanatory and easy to use. When you sell an item it will take you through each section, step by step.
A few tips:

Always upload a picture with your product and pay the extra 15p to have your picture displayed next to your listing. people like to see what they're buying!

Make sure you put in the makers/designers name in the title of your listing and not just the 'sub title' as this is not searchable.

You can put a reserve on your item (£50 or over) if you don't want your item selling for peanuts (although they do charge extra for this)

Ebay take a percentage of the sale price as well as a fee for listing your item

I normally post my listing for 7 days as this gives people time to see it

Make sure you have the correct postage and packaging costs as you don't want to get stung with the extra cost:
http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump ... aId=400029

Always been truthful about your item, i.e. damage/stains etc. Each member is given feedback score for every item brought and sold. If you get bad feedback people will not buy from you.

So sorry to hear that Pips, I hope you get something sorted and I am sure your Mum does realise this is not your fault hun!

I hope you get something sorted......

((((HUGS))))

thank you everyone! i appreciate the help

i spoke to my mum and she's cool about it :) (why do nurseries cost so much??? and how can so many people afford it?)

i'm still selling the coat though so how much do you reckon i can place the lowest bid at?
pip xx

Might be an idea to post a piccy of your coat on here to give people an idea for a lowest bid?

Nursery's are so expensive, there was no way I wanted to work all just to pay for a nursery when I can do it myself at home, and OH prefers that too. I know it is different for you as you are studying, but still the prices are outrageous!

Oh I am sorry to hear that, Pips!!!! well...to read that! :)

I am sorry if I go into too much personal details, here but was not your dad British? I always thought you had the dual nationality!!! I know it was not possible before, but it is now, so if you are not, maybe worth looking into that!
and same thing for Zoe...what nationality have you given her? she should be entitled to both...well, depends on your status here actually! you have to be a permanent resident of UK without any time restriction.

were you born before 1983? sorry...can't remember if you mentionned your age! :doh: IF YES, THEN, YOU ARE AUTOMATICALLY BRITISH!
if not, you need to check if you can still get the UK nationality...am not sure! sorry :)

go on to: www.homeoffice.gov.uk and choose the link for immigration and nationality directorate (IND)
the website is very slow, so "PREND TO MAL EN PATIENCE!!!!"

Maheen is gonna be both French and Britich, exactly for the reason of studies!!! we would like her to have a choice as to where she will study, and uni in UK are far too expensive when you are a foreigner!!!

I really hope you get something sorted...I know how you feel, I hate owing money to someone!

<<<HUGS>>>
Mel xx

thank god for mummies heh my mums always helping me out, i love to think ill be able to help my babies out when they are studying, im starting another course in september and my mum offered to pay half for me. :D

mel - we are in the process of getting dual nationality but it takes ages and i'm also changing my name so have to do that first. bloody administration!!!!

hannah - can't you get your fees payed by students association? what course are you doing? (being nosey :D )

i was going to post a pic today but zoé went to sleep so will have to do it tomo

ok, money probs are dealt with and we are fine :D

i am nevertheless still selling the coat, here are some pics...
remember it is worth £1,000. it is a Capello, milano!!!! so how much should i place the minimum bid at (realistically)? i has not been worn and is in perfect condition apart from being a little crumpled from being in a bag

lj.jpg
lj2.jpg

thanks for any answers (and sorry for the nasty face on the pic :oops: )

im doing an aat level 3 i dont know about funding its not a degree, i was told id have to pay the full 750 and then ill go on to do level 4 and thats another 750+ extra costs. i took a year out to save and before that i did an avce buisness studies course which i was funded because i was under 19.

i reckon they should be paying US to look after our wee ones :(

If i was you hun, i would search ebay for coats like this (completed listings) to give you a good idea of what they are selling at.
Good luck hum x

Just reread your post, i am so happy that you are sorted hun, i agree they should pay us for staying at home!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back