Need help regarding ebay/paypal

xkikix

Reaction score
I've bought a pram from ebay using a buy-it-now for £150, this all went thru ok my end.

The seller then contacted me to say that the money was being held for 24hours as the transaction was "high risk". I presumed this was because I had added a new ebit car to my paypal account to pay for the item.

24hours later she then emails me to say that cus she is new to selling paypal wont release the funds to her until I leave positive feedback. Ok I thought, i'll leave positive feedback cus i' arranged hubby day of work and childcare to collect pram tomorrow (saturday) and wanted to make sure she had the money.

Today she emails me saying that could I try to recliam the money as paypal is telling her the funds wont be available til 4th Feb!!! I'm in tears I have no idea how to reclaim the money and stupidly i've already left her + feedback..... My paypal account shows the money as sent and the transaction for £150 as completed??? Help please!

i think this is the way to do it

Log into paypal and click on the tab resolution centre there is an orange box saying dispute a transaction click this and then report an item dispute.

Think its pretty straight forward from then on in

She should still send you your pram. I had the same thing happen to me when I was selling, I received emails from paypal to send goods but told that the money was put on hold. It is to protect the buyer. I received positive feedback for an item but still had to wait 21 days for the money to clear. I would contact ebay and explain the situation as it is no way your fault that the money has been put on hold.

Basically the funds will be released either when you leave positive feedback, 3 days after the item is confirmed as delivered or 21 days if you (the buyer) don't start a dispute. So I'm not sure why they haven't been released after you left feedback.

The seller won't get her money if she doesn't send you the pram. Maybe suggest she sends it and then contacts PayPal with the confirmation of delivery information, I've known of people to get funds released immediately by a customer service representative if they have these details.

We had this the other day with something we sold - we had to post the item, positive feedback was then left and then 24 hours (ish) later paypal released the funds. It didn't take that long for us after postive feed back was left :think:

The lady was very good about it, and we picked up the pram today!!!! Its lovely. She rang paypal and once she explained to paypal that I had left feedback etc and they released the money an hour later so its all ended ok, thanks for your advice x

hi
im glad it all worked out well but can i just say for future reference, you shouldnt leave positive feedback until you recieve the item and are happy with it. with items over £100 the money is taken from your account and put on hold then the seller is meant to release the item and then once the buyer recieves it and leaves positive feedback the money is released into the sellers account. if you leave them positive feedback before you recieve the item then the seller gets the money without having actually sent the item so they could just the money and the item because once you leave positive feedback you cant open a dispute to reclaim your money because as far as paypal are concerned you are happy with the transaction and once the money has been released into the sellers account they cant get it back.
it is there to protect buyers.
hope that made sense lol i just wanted to warn you as some sellers may not be as honest as this lady.

_Rosie_ said:
hi
im glad it all worked out well but can i just say for future reference, you shouldnt leave positive feedback until you recieve the item and are happy with it. with items over £100 the money is taken from your account and put on hold then the seller is meant to release the item and then once the buyer recieves it and leaves positive feedback the money is released into the sellers account. if you leave them positive feedback before you recieve the item then the seller gets the money without having actually sent the item so they could just the money and the item because once you leave positive feedback you cant open a dispute to reclaim your money because as far as paypal are concerned you are happy with the transaction and once the money has been released into the sellers account they cant get it back.
it is there to protect buyers.
hope that made sense lol i just wanted to warn you as some sellers may not be as honest as this lady.

You can open a dispute no problem if you leave a positive before you receive the item (whether it was intentional or not). What you can't do is have the positive removed unless the seller agrees to mutually withdraw. As long as it's within the 45 day PayPal limit. To be honest feedback means very little these days.

Just so people know if it happens to them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back