This isn't just me is it?

kanga86

Reaction score
I did another pregnancy test today as what the docs and I thought could have been my first period after my mmc, even though I spotted the whole cycle, still hasn't ended 9 days after it started to get heavy again. Although the last 2 days it has been minimal spotting again.

But I did an opk today and it looked positive?! So went and brought a cheapie test and got this at 5.30pm! I'm sure it is still positive 6weeks post mmc?! I know it isn't a new pregnancy as we have dtd twice and both times he wore a condom.

Keep getting fobbed off by the epau, with them not even phoning me back this week. My doctor said on tuesday if I am still bleeding next week she will do a beta blood test. Not sure what else i can do! xx

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2011-08-12-18h01m31s170.jpg
    vlcsnap-2011-08-12-18h01m31s170.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Aw Hun :hug: you've really been through the mill with this one haven't you x

I read on the pregnancy loss info site that to be a true period after a mc you need to have at least 20 days continuous of no bleeding. The situation you describe is what they referred to as retained placenta. You'll still get positive pregnancy tests because there is still a small part of placenta attached to your uterus which is constantly releasing hormones. Did they scan you after your mc?

i had one scan 4 days after mc which showed a small 0.7cm size pregnancy sac remaining. Then i had one 4 weeks after mc which showed a thickened lining! although i didn't have a good experience then as the consultant i saw was unprofessional and laughed whilst i was having an internal done!! left without asking many questions. They told me to go back to them if i was still bleeding in 2 weeks.

So 2 weeks later i phoned them and they said they would phone me back but thought that i should go to my doctor and get them give me something to stop the bleeding even thought they know i still had a positive pregnancy test! Only spoke to the doctor on the phone and she didn't have all the details from the epau unit.

I thought i had to have stopped bleeding for 21 days too, for it to count as a true period. I will definitely be phoning them up again on monday morning to get a blood test done as this getting ridiculous now! No one wants to help me :(

thank u hun, i will have a read of the info now xx

that info makes loads of sense, makes me more pissed of that i keep getting fobbed off by everyone! hopefully i can get answers on monday. xx

I hope you get it sorted lovely, it must be really difficult for you to get on with things and have closure if you are still suffering xx

Can't believe this is still going on Kanga, you need to really push for some answers, be looking to see what they say tomorrow xxx

I am going to try and be strong tomorrow and push for the blood test, I am not going to take another 'give it a few more days' excuse! Although the doctor I spoke to seemed really nice and concerned about how long I have been bleeding. So hopefully she is on shift tomorrow and I can talk to her. Xx

I was getting positive hpts for about 6 weeks post mc, I think it depends on how low and fast ur levels drop! Fx u get blood test abd thy r useful x

Hope you get some answers tomorrow, dont take no for an answer about the blood test. Have you had a scan to check everything has gone?

Hope you are ok :hugs: must be horrible having things go on this long.

xxx

The last scan I had done showed a thickened lining, not sure whether that means there is stuff still there not. It's just the bleeding side of things that is fustrating me the most, and I'm thinking having the positive test is related somehow. Xx

I have had my blood test done just awaiting results, hopefully get them tomorrow. I have also heard back from the epau and i have another scan booked for monday afternoon to check everything. Other than that still bleeding, 7 weeks today!!
I did another hpt this morning as I had some delivered yesterday! :blush: First pic was friday's, then 2 pics of todays, I think the line is actually getting lighter now! What do u lovely ladies think? xx

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2011-08-12-18h01m31s170.jpg
    vlcsnap-2011-08-12-18h01m31s170.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 7
  • cd50.jpg
    cd50.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 9
  • cd 50 invert.jpg
    cd 50 invert.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 8
I think the line has deffo got lighter, fingers crossed this is it finally sorting out for you. hope scan shows everything ok. xxx

thank you nurse, not even sure i can see the line on the test now it has dried, strange! xx

yeah defo lighter, sounds like they are moving on things a bit quicker for you now though with scans more frequently. fx you get more sorted soon. is the bleeding still the same? x

Tmi alert: the bleeding was easeing off again on Monday but the lady doctor I saw did an internal examination, not pleasant! Then after that the bleeding got a bit heavier again, still only enough to fill a panty liner. But it had some tiny dark red/ black clottybits in, and I had random little bouts of blood when on the loo, sorry! Today it seems to be non existent again, just pink discharge. Maybe the doc stirred things up enough to trigger the removal of what was left, and the bleeding will stop today. Xx

Fx Hun!!! It makes everything so much easier when u don't have a constant reminder!

---
-

Sorry for your loss big hugs I hope its all sorted and done with soon for you hugs xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back