What's happening to me???

VCG

Reaction score
Hi, I'm not even sure what happening to me at the moment. I gave birth to my second son 4 months ago, and had some erratic bleeding to start with. It seemed to settle a bit, but my last period was 10 days late, but in that time I had 2 negative pregnancy tests. Then I started to bleed, but was also feeling nauseous and being sick in the mornings, just like in both of my previous pregnancies. I took another test on day 6 of my period (was only spotting by that time), and it was positive. Went to the doctors, and he said it was impossible to date as my test came back positive after I'd bled, so booked me in for a scan on Wednesday. Nothing much showed on the scan except a slight thickening in my uterus, so they did blood tests. 1st results came back as 45, and they said it was probably a very early pregnancy (1-2 weeks since conception). 2nd results 2 days later were still only 46, so now they've said I'm probably losing the baby, or it could be ectopic. I don't know how to feel, cos I still FEEL pregnant....bloated tummy (had lost my baby belly from last time), tired, sick. I've also been using the Clear Blue digital pregnancy test, and it still says 'Pregnant 1-2' this morning, so is all this just because of leftover hormones? I've got another blood test today, the doctor said to check that my HCG levels are decreasing, and I'm still spotting, so I suppose I must be losing it, but I just can't seem to shake this feeling that there's still something there. Is this normal? Just wishful thinking (I'd love more kids, and sooner rather than later)? Any advice would be welcome.

Hey honey, Im sorry for what you have had to go through! I wish I could give you more reassurance but when I had my natural mc at 6 and a half weeks I would say I felt the same as you. Had symptoms and my pregnancy test was coming up positive.

When I had my scan there was nothing there but a thickened womb which eventually all passed as a heavy clotty period. Had to keep going to get my bloods checked until my hcg level was below 5. This took 2 weeks so wouldnt have had a negative hpt till then.

Take care of yourself and I hope that you will be ok! Hoping I could be completely wrong and you and bean will be ok but wanted to tell you i felt similar!

Hi Hun,

Although it doesn't say on the packet the Clear Blue Digitals are meant to be 25- 50 miu, so your levels could either have risen or fallen, if you really can't wait until your blood test go and buy a less sensitive 100miu one- See info on this link-

http://www.peeonastick.com/hpts.html

Good Luck.

xx

Well, blood test results have come back today at 16, so looks like it's well and truly on its way out. A bit sad, as I would've loved to be pregnant again, but if I hadn't made the unusual decision to test on day 6 of my period (because I recognised the symptoms, despite tests before I started bleeding being negative) I never would've known I'd conceived at all this time, and would have assumed I was still having unusual bleeding from giving birth 4 months ago. Guess this one just wasn't meant to be....maybe once I've healed a bit we can try again. Fingers crossed for next time. Thanks for the advice.

Aww sorry to hear your news.

awww sorry hun. Its awful but one of lifes cruel things. big hugs xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back