Thirsty and can't quench it

Reaction score
Hello,

I just joined the forum today and thought I would post make my first post here (introduction excluded).

I have been experiencing severly dry throat and mouth. I feel really thirsty all day, but it worsens at night. I am just wondering if anyone has experienced this and if so, what did you do to help alleviate the thirst?

I have been reading up on gestational diabetes and this can cause thirst, although it seems to happen later in pregnancy. I am 11 weeks and 3 days, so it's still early days. I drink more than the recommended amount of water daily, so it can't be that I am not drinking enough fluids.

If you have had this, you understand how horrible this feeling of thirst is and I believe it could be used as a form of torture. I have also read up on dehydration and it's possible, even though I drink loads of water. that I could potentially have some of the mild dehydration symptoms. I read where the increased breathing in a pregnant woman can cause dehydration. This makes sense to me!

I see the midwife for the first time in two weeks, so I will address the issue then. Until I see her, I have found any medical advice (NHS direct hotline and Chemist) regarding this to be quite useless. I just need to quench my thirst so I can sleep until I can find out what's causing it.

I would appreciate any help or advice.

Water is not quenching my thirst, what did you drink that helped?

Did you use a humidifier in your bedroom at night and did it help?

Did you drink any electrolyte drinks?

Please share your thoughts and advice.

Regards,

Lisa

sorry lisa i havent been through what you are going through so cant advise you, but if you are concerened I would get in to see your GP as soon as possible. Dehydration can cause serious problems whether you are pg or not.

Hope all is well :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back