Formula and thirst???

Dee1985

Reaction score
if Harley has a 9oz bottle of milk will that quench his thirst??

as i thought that liquid either watrer or formula would??

for eg, i would usually give harley a 9oz feed every 3hrs but after an hr and half i usualy offer him water so every 90mins he is getting a drink, but tonight he had a 9oz feed and guzzeld the lot, but then he still cryed and cryed and was so angry i couldnt console him so i boiled the kettle waited for it to cool then after 15mins of him crying non stop i gave him water he drank it all in seconds then fell straight asleep, i feel bad as he was soooo thirsty. so does formula milk not satisfy thirst??????

im confused

I would think it would make him less thirsty but if he is maybe really really thirsty. Sounds like you might need to offer him the water every 20 mins or something. Not a huge bottle but just a few sips or as much as he likes. I know that just now i am in and out getting a drink all the time.

i have always known that formula fed babies do need water but i thought straight after a feed they wouldnt be thirsty??? strange poor lil thing was going crazy.

this bloody heat....

its thunder storms here now

how old are babies before you can offer them water?? I am going to ask my midwife on sunday but wondered what you did? xxx

keely every MW i have ever asked says some thing different. one said formula babies dont need water as its made up with water, one said from 4weeks one said from birth. ild offer water in this heat even just half a ounce to refresh him? as long as its not filling him up as he shouldnt take less milk through having water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back