Third month TTC

flopsybunny

Reaction score
Hiya everyone,

I thought I would start a thread to introduce myself and my situation and get in touch with others in the same situation.

My other half and I decided to start trying for our first baby in December but so far we have had no luck. We are on our third month of trying now. This month I am starting using ovulation testing kits as I'm wondering if perhaps I'm not ovulating when I think I am. I have a slightly variable cycle so I'm hoping maybe this month we may have some luck using the ovulation kit.

I am a healthy girl in my mid - twenties so I'm wondering why this hasn't happened so far for us. It seems ironic that I have taken such pains not to get pregnant in the past and now that I want to, things are going slow! I have also started developing pregnancy/baby jealousy and when a friend announced her unexpected pregnancy I found it really hard to be happy for her when I want a baby so badly and it hasn't happened for me yet.

Anyway, it would be great to hear from others also feeling the same and going through the same experiances as me.

Flopsy xx

Last edited:
:wave: Welcome to the Forum and Good luck :dust:

Hey flopsy.....Im relatively new here too but this place is great! Lots of support from others feeling EXACTLY the same way we are and going through waht we are going through so stick around Im sure being here will make TTC a lot more tollerable.....good luck TTC and hoping you get your BFP asap xx

hey! welcome, i am new here and i have been ttc for 2 months! xxx

hey flopsy...i am also in my third month ttc so know how u feel, i already have three kids aged 15, 10 and 2 so i get frustrated it seems to be not happening this time for me either. but i'll tell you now this site is such a help, we all get obsessed doin the 2ww, when are you cycles? maybe they're round about mine? i just finished AF on monday, so i'm due on 4th march. i am starting to use opk's this month too, start on sunday which is cd11.

everyone will be so helpful with advice etc or if u just want to sound off! good luck getting your bfp this month hun. xxxx

Hi

Welcome to the forum! I know how you are feeling as many people know me and my fiance have been trying for over 4 years now and there is nothing wrong with us, like you I am in my twenties and it seems the more I try and want, it's not happening, the only advice I can give you like most people will say is relax and enjoy the sex you are having and it will come naturally and probably when you least expect it lol You are in the same boat as most of us PF girls on here...Relax!

Good Luck xx

Thanks everyone for your welcome! It's good to know that there are people in the same place as me who I can share my worries, frustrations and excitements with.

Kazimotto, I am on CD10 today so have just started using the OPK. I have been reckoning on ovulating around CD16 so it will be interesting to see when I do. Although the pessimistic part of me is worrying that maybe I don't ovulate? If that happened though, you wouldn't get periods, right?

Thanks again everyone and babydust to everyone TTC xx

hey flopsy, well i am on cd7 so we are fairly close in cycle..

i think u can still have a period if u dont ov, but its unlikely u wouldnt be ov-ing, i thought i ov'd on cd14 but i think it was c18 last month! its a nightmare! but be good to be in the 2ww with u so here's to getting a bfp each this month eh!! xx

Heya,

Lets keep our fingers crossed kazimotto! I don't want to see the witch again for 9 months (here's hoping!). :af:

The really silly thing now is that I am getting stressed about my OPK even though I am only on CD11 of an average 29 day cycle. And this may sound silly but I am already getting nervous about the 2WW even though I haven't even ovulated yet! The disappointment was so hard last month. It was equally as hard on the OH, his disappointment really surprised me and made me feel worse!

:bunny: xx

Heya,

Lets keep our fingers crossed kazimotto! I don't want to see the witch again for 9 months (here's hoping!). :af:

The really silly thing now is that I am getting stressed about my OPK even though I am only on CD11 of an average 29 day cycle. And this may sound silly but I am already getting nervous about the 2WW even though I haven't even ovulated yet! The disappointment was so hard last month. It was equally as hard on the OH, his disappointment really surprised me and made me feel worse!

welcome to the world of ttc, just try not to stress too much (easier said than done i know)

hiya, i know its so hard to be optimistic without gettin all your hopes up! i am a bit nervous too about the opk's, incase it shows i'm not ov'ing or something! the 2ww is scary but its kinda exciting too. i'm on cd 9 today and did BD lastnight cos i read that some people can ov on cd11 so i'm making sure if i do then there'll be swimmers waiting! prob way off but not taking the chance, i did read that people think cos they using opk that as soon as its postive they BD but sometimes it too late cos the egg might've already be starting to die if it been released within that 24 hours that the opk took to pick up the LH, so always make sure you Bd-ing from now every couple days..good luck, keep in touch! i'm sure we will be obsessing over the same things in the 2ww!! fingers crossed for u..xxx

The main problem for my partner and I at them moment is that we are apart for some of each week due to work commitments. I suppose the OPK will come in handy for trying to work around that problem, but we are still concerned that we will miss ovulation. We are together until thursday next week so hopefully I will ovulate in that time. I should do according to these ovulation forecasts I do. It is good to have someone in a similar cycle as me to share the ups and downs with! :)

i know its difficult enough to keep up even if you are together! but as far aas i understand it, as long as your BD every 2 or 3 days it should be fine. in saying that my DH thinks its great cos i'm telling him we have to do it every day from cd11 - 21!! and last night i did the bum on the pillow thing, just incase i do ov on cd11! its pretty unlikely tho, i used the opk this morning and its not happening yet, and i'm taking my bbt every morn and thats still the same so will just have to wait it out!! the next bit is the symtpm spotting!! honestly, this site is so good for the tww, i would drive my DH up the wall, and can't talk to friends as we are not telling anyone until i am def pg, i was very ill with the last pregnancy so don't want to worry family or friends. so pregnancy forum it is! but thank god i found it!! xx:dust:

Hiya Flopsy...I am also in my 3rd month trying and we too have started without ovulation kits etc, just me working out my days but nothing has happened so far. I find myself getting really frustrated if my OH 'is too tired' or something because I know the window for falling pregnant is so small in a month. I also feel that way about friends with children etc, my friend of 25 years had a child in November and I cant even bring myself to go round and see her, her's was also an unexpected pregnancy and it can get me so down, thinking why do people just fall pregnant without even really wanting to when I really really want a child and have no idea when I will get one.
It is so nice to know there are other people out there in the same situation and support is available.
Good luck to you!
xxx

Hello and welcome. This is our 2nd month TCC and I know exactly how you feel. Spent the last ten years trying not to get pregnant, now I wish I hadn't bothered because I don't know if its ever gonna happen. I'm on cd 7 at the moment, BD last night just incase I ov early. Last month we did every night from cd 9 to cd 17 - bum on pillow every night. Thought we had done everything right, I was absolutely gutted when the witch showed up.
Heres hoping for a whole load of BFPs this month ladies xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hiya girls!

Thanks for all the support. It is really nice to have people to talk to about this. We not mentioning anything to friends or family until or if I get pregnant.

It seems like you can do everything right and still not get a result. I didn't try the bum on the pillow trick before, but I will this month! I bet the OH and I will just end up in hysterics after though!

I understand what you mean, Jarjar, about the OH being 'too tired'. Men don't seem to understand there is such a short window for actually getting pregnant. Mine was really surprised when I told him that out of a month, there was only really about 24 hours in which a woman can get pregnant.

We make sure to BD everyday that we see each other as I am away with work commitments each week. I have actually masde arrangements to be home this week as I am supposed to ovulate sometime around the 15th/16th, or so I have always thought. But this morning my OPK is still negative. I am wondering if perhaps I have been ovulating later that I thought, and I am worried that maybe I am not ovulating at all. I was on the Depo Provera contraceptive injection for 3 years but stopped it 2 years ago and have normal cycles since. I wonder if that may affect my fertility at all??

Anyway, I'm going to stop writing now because I'm blabbering. If anyone actually reads all this, well done and thanks!! :)

Good luck girlies!!

I am just trying to do everything I can for myself as in eating healthier, taking folic acid tablets, cutting out caffeine and cigarettes, all this stuff and its annoying that men seem to think one bd and you're sorted! Trying to educate my OH in the ways of actually falling pregnant but sometimes I just feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall!!! Lol so I'm looking after myself and doing everything I can personally to try and make it more likely to happen!
Good luck to you though, good luck to everyone!
xxxx

Hi

I just wanted to mention that I have read in a couple of places you can ovulate and the OPKs might not pick it up because you have missed the surge or its just not high enough. If you have an obliging doctor they can check the hormone levels in your blood? although if not they may make you wait until you have been trying a bit longer. I havent been ovulating but i have had a week of minor bleeding so im hoping its started up again so we have been :bd: at least every other day and every time with a pillow under bum :lol:

Ive had to educate the hubby quite a bit on the science of it all, I sometimes expect him to know things then I think well actually no he probably doesnt know that so I have to explain what im talking about!! lol. If we do ever get some happy news im definatley buying him a mans guide to pregnancy and birth - I dont want him getting a big shock!! ha ha!!

Good Luck!! (sorry ive babbled!!)

:dust::dust:

LOL, it's amazing how little men actually know about the process isn't it?? The amount I have been reading up on things, I feel like I should be an expert! :) I have been printing all sorts of advice articles for my OH about the effects of alcohol and tobacco on sperm, I don't think he has quite understood yet lol!

I personally, have given up alcohol, caffine including tea, coffee, hot chocolate and chocolate (!), I have started eating loads of fresh veg and fruit, drinking the right amount of water, doing the right amount of exercise, I am taking prenatal vitamins, I am doing OPKs, eating full fat dairy insead of low fat...is there anything else I can do?? lol

Just got to try to rein in the OH's indulgences now!

Hope things have started back up for you now Flossie!! And thanks Jarjar, you sound like you're doing similar things to those I am and the dry comment about men's attitude to BD made me laugh!! :cheer:

Good luck girls!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back