so many questions to ask?

hayley

Reaction score
Hi

I'm new on here (so go easy on me) I married last September and after discussing a family with my husband I came off the pill the same month. I've now had 4 periods without the pill. The first 2 months we didn't really try but the 3rd month calculated my best days for us to make love (based on 29 day cycle) nothing happened. This month i bought a clearblue ovulation predictor kit - a pack of 7. The whole 7 tests showed I had no hormone surge. I'm thinking either I am not ovulating properly (every month) or the long flight (11hr flight - holiday) we took the week I was suposed to ovulate might have caused me a delay in ovulation. I'm now due a period in 2 to 3 days. I'm reallywanting to be pregnant but feel it hasn't worked again this month because of the ovulation kit.

Any advise

Thanks alot

Hi Hayley

I've heard that it can take 3-6 months for things in your body to sort themselves out after coming off the pill. I think I'm right in saying that the pill works by supressing ovulation, so that might explain it.

I wouldn't worry too much just yet, but you could always go and see your GP to let them know you are off the pill and trying. They'll be able to tell you, with more certainty, what to expect. I've always found my GPs really receptive to asking for advice on pregnancy.

Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back