Third month TTC

I personally, have given up alcohol, caffine including tea, coffee, hot chocolate and chocolate (!), I have started eating loads of fresh veg and fruit, drinking the right amount of water, doing the right amount of exercise, I am taking prenatal vitamins, I am doing OPKs, eating full fat dairy insead of low fat...is there anything else I can do?? lol

I did exactly the same as this except for the exercise and the chocolate- giving up chocolate is something I just couldn't do!! I know lots of people say to :bd: every second day but we :bd: daily the month we fell pregnant. MY supply of OPK sticks ran out before I got a positive so we kept going until a few days before I thought AF was due to make sure we caught it.

Good luck for this month. xx

Last edited:
My problem is diet coke, I am addicted to it and i know i shouldnt have so much caffenine but the caffenine free stuff tastes crap :(

Don't worry too much about the coke as the FSA says this:
The amount of caffeine in food and drink will vary, but as a guide each of these contain roughly 200mg or less of caffeine:
2 mugs of instant coffee (100mg each)
1 mug of filter coffee (140mg each)
2 mugs of tea (75mg each)
5 cans of cola (up to 40mg each)
2 cans of 'energy' drink (up to 80mg each)
4 (50g) bars of plain chocolate (up to 50 mg each). Caffeine in milk chocolate is about half that of plain chocolate

http://www.eatwell.gov.uk/agesandstages/pregnancy/whenyrpregnant/

ooh i dont have 5 cans lol that is excessive i have about 3 cans a day :D

Don't worry too much about the coke as the FSA says this:
The amount of caffeine in food and drink will vary, but as a guide each of these contain roughly 200mg or less of caffeine:

4 (50g) bars of plain chocolate (up to 50 mg each). Caffeine in milk chocolate is about half that of plain chocolate

http://www.eatwell.gov.uk/agesandstages/pregnancy/whenyrpregnant/

Oh good!!I don't need to stop eating chocolate!! :) I have been a bit OTT I think, my OH says I'm being a bit excessive about being cautious! LOL

xx

Hey flopsy i am in the same position

I was on Cerazette mini pill for only a very little while . i had the implannon before that but i didnt like it so i went on the pill instead

Just annoys you dont it that when you dont want a baby and you take contraception and then when you do want a baby it takes ages :( I know how you feel it's hearbreaking isn't it.

Anyway me and my OH have been trying to conceieve for 5 months now with no luck , I turned 19 the other week so i am still young but it's starting to become annoying now i sit here at night and say to myself why am i not getting pregnant?
but i will keep trying for another 3 months and if that dosen't work im going seeing my doc :) Ive gone past clockwork anyway so hopefully i will get my BFP :)

:dust: :dust:

charlene, you are much more patient than me! I have already booked an appointment with my dr for 2 weeks after af is due. So if I get :bfp: (fingers crossed) then I can talk about that to him, but if I get :bfn: again then I'm asking why!

xx :dust:

Hehe , Patience is a virtue :)

I know TTC can be so Stressing but if you try not to think about it and pretend you dont want it to happen no more i bet it happens haha :)

I know its not nice to write it in that way "pretend you dont want it no more" but thats the only way i could think of haha

Hi Ladies.
We read loads of books last year in preparation for TTC - so far its done us no good, but dh has really got into it and wants to know his stuff. He has actually been moaning at me saying we havent BD enough, last BD was on day of ovulation - I think - and then I fell and really hurt my tail bone so couldn't bare to think about BD! Well thats not true I did suggest it but was told not to be rediculus as I was already walking like John Wayne! Anyway I'm getting off the point - we read a really good book called The Blokes Guide to Babies - very much a mans book, worth suggesting. Its in very short sections that you and Oh can dip in and out of and its funny!
Good luck ladies xxx

Hi futuremum

Where can you get this book from?

I'm trying to get my OH more involved and since hes a man it will have to be with a nice short book with lots of lovely pictures and funny words lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back