Think i'm about to go ! ?

fionag

Reaction score
Got some discharge and lost some mucas plug, irregular contractions but really quite strong.

Averaging every 10 mins but sometimes 3 mins apart, don't know whether to phone hospital, am usure if its definitely established labour.

Pains are barely tolerable, but still not every 5mins apart, as i think should be the time to head for hospital ?

So excited but so unsure !!

If you ring up they will tell you if to
Come inner not hunni good luck xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Evie sounds like your not too far away yourself !

Good luck to you too x

your best bet is to ring the hospital has you could be in the early stages of labour.

Probably best to wait for established labour , no ?

Strong pains roughly just over every 10mins, but still a little irregular .

Fighting with myself here , lol

You could still call them and they will tell you when to come in. Good luck!! How exiting!

Thankyou, just checking my bag, and keeping timing these contractions, fingers crosses it doesn't peter out, but seems like the real thing, woo-hoo !!

Just phoned labour ward and seem to agree that things are definitely moving forward !

Advised to stay at home a little longer, take a few paracetamols, and to come in when i feel the need for stronger pain relief :oooo:

Having a little girl and she will be called Amélie

im going in now , really struggling, bye bye !!!!

Love that name if I have a little girl she will be cholé xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck can;t wait to see your little lovely xxx

Hello Fiona's husband here, Baby Amélie was born at 0906am am this morning, weighing in at a bouncy 8lb 7Oz !!

Wife had a torrid time, pushing for hours throughout the wee small hours, went through 3 midwifes, each giving the missus a hard time for not pushing hard enough, 1st push could see the head coming 2nd and 3rd slipping back, this went on and on and on !

Fiona was burst come 6am, no energy, all this with only gas and air, they even took this from her as they said it was making her tired and she was now getting too lazy !!!, she needed to concentrate her efforts, and so she did for a further 2 hours without pain relief.

All we got was we cant have the dayshift stealing this baby from us after all the hard work they did !!, still nothing, babys head coming out and then slipping back.

Finally Fiona convinced them she could do no more, she was giving up, she said something aint right, they eventually conceded, so onto theatre for the big salad tongs or a section !

There was much debate and around 12 staff on hand!!, 2 doctors finally wrestled my wee beautiful girl free with a cord wrapped around her neck almost twice !!

This was the reason why the head kept slipping back in after the 1st hard push, i am raging with the midwifes and there so called expertese, doctors were not amused too.

All in though even after wife had an epesiotomy and several stitches, the cord wrapped round my wee girls neck, it was all worth it as she is beautiful and my wife is a inspiration to me, she was a real trooper !

Though i would post a wee message to let folk know how she got on, will post a wee pic if the wife aint fit enough to do so in the next few days.

Thanks to all on this site, fiona asked me to say that, she has took comfort from others tales of pregnancy and their own wee journeys along the way.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back