Think I’m classed as high risk?

cossie13

Reaction score
I think I belong here. I am automatically under consultant care this time around due to catagory 1 EMCS with DS. I had a letter through this morning with an appointment to see the consultant- any ideas what goes on at this appointment?

Usually first appointment they just go through the reason why ur consultant led last time and the normal bp and urine check, though I'm not high risk due to a section so it might be different for u, sorry I can't be of more help xx

Usually first appointment they just go through the reason why ur consultant led last time and the normal bp and urine check, though I'm not high risk due to a section so it might be different for u, sorry I can't be of more help xx

Thank you. Hopefully that's all it will be. I just don't want to be forced into an elective c section!

They will likely discuss whether you want a section or to try for a vbac. That's what happened at my first appt. I want another section so quite straightforward for me and just need to go in again now at 34 weeks to sign paperwork etc.

They will likely discuss whether you want a section or to try for a vbac. That's what happened at my first appt. I want another section so quite straightforward for me and just need to go in again now at 34 weeks to sign paperwork etc.

Thank you. I really want to try for a VBAC so I'm now just hoping they allow it!

My mum had a category 1 emcs with my little brother (15 years ago now) as his cord had detached from the placenta, they allowed her to have a vbac 15 months later with my littlest brother. Hopefully they’ll allow you to have a vbac too hon xx

I asked at booking to be referred to vbac clinic. Though 12wk scan has already revealed that placenta is anterior and sonographer already noted view was restricted by fetal lie, which made a change from it being because of my tummy fat.....

I asked the midwife at booking if I would have to have another cesarean and she said it was unlikely but the consultant will know that full details of previous birth and make recommendations from there. She didn't want to give a definitive answer and just said it was up to the consultants. My appointment is 2nd November so in a few weeks I should know what my options are!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back