Risk of prem labour

jodied

Reaction score
Not sure if I'm actually classed as high risk or not but having a consultant app at 25 weeks because Ella arrived at 35+5 and I wanted to have my notes reviewed to see if they can give me any reasons for why she arrived early and as a result any ideas or plans to go full term this time.
Just wondered if anyone else is in a similar position?
(I'm only 11 weeks now and can't see tickers on phone) x

Hiya yes my little boy came at 34 + 2 weeks and I'm scared to death of it happening again, couldn't cope with another neonatal baby. All they can do if they can't find a reason why baby came early is monitor you very closely, lots more scans and internal ones and swabs, then maybe steroid injections incase it happens again. Other than that, just be prepared early!!! X

Both my kids tried to come at 33 weeks both born at 36 weeks nervous for now we are pregnant with number three

If you've had two like that I imagine they will be super careful and monitoring everything for you hun. I've fit my consultant app in a couple of weeks so will see what they say x

I had Brooke at 33+4, i was under consultant with my 2nd pregnancy due to having her early, they just went over my notes but i did have a few worries in my 2nd pregnancies due to his growth, but he still hung on and came on his due date. :)

have they given you a reason as to why Ella was early?

No that's why I've asked them to review my notes and hoping consultant will have some idea when I go in a couple of weeks x

They had no reason to why Brooke came early, they just said it was one of those things!

I reckon that's what they will say about Ella too x

As expected they don't know why Ella came early so just have to wait a d see what happens this time! x

Hopefully LO will keep on cooking until their due date then! At first I was setting little goals, hoping to get past my Eldest arrival (33wk 4days) then I wanted 35wks and then as soon as I hit 37wks I was happy!

I think that's what I'm going to be like! I keep thinking must get past 28 weeks first of all then will set the next target! Fx I can make it to 37 weeks as well x

With my last my waters broke at 27 weeks thankfully I had gdd which as a by product makes extra aminotic fluid normally why you have to be monitored so closely for gdd, but for me a god send. I actually gave birth at 30+5 and I was told the stress in my life plus the extra weight I was carrying were contributing factors. My little boy is 19 months 17 age corrected and since he was born I have lost 4 stone will continue to follow a healthy diet as recommended by consultant last time and fx I wont go into prem labour again, not sure I could cope with having to leave my baby behind and come home and being told I cant hold my baby because the nurses on duty want the babies to sleep, mind to look at him now you wouldnt think he was prem though he has some health issues which are being monitored, his running up and down the living room :)

I think that's what I'm going to be like! I keep thinking must get past 28 weeks first of all then will set the next target! Fx I can make it to 37 weeks as well x

eeek same as me jodied, just want to get to 28wks then think about getting past that- and we have the same due date (although my twins won't carry to full term).

I'm finding it so frustrating not having even a potential due date, I've just been told I will be induced by 36wks if I've not had them naturally before then but everyone is saying I will have them in November. I'm just hoping they don't come any earlier, i'm definitely not prepared yet!

Last edited:
Aww sammy it is just horrid having the uncertainty isn't it. I said to my mum yesterday it never even crossed my mind with Ella that I would have a prem baby but this time I'm constantly thinking about it and worrying about any twinges but I'm just trying to stay calm and hopefully he will stay put til at least 37w. I hope your twins do the same for as long as possible too xx

Hi guys hope you don't mind me joining in, this is my number 5 after an eight year break and mine were 37' 34.1, 28 and 27 weeks respectively so now I am terrified this one will be even earlier. The dr found no reason for my early deliveries apart from suggesting it maybe cos they were close together (4 in under 5 years) so although I'm hoping my body has had enough rest I'm still really worried it could just happen!

Sx

Hi of course we don't mind! I can see why you are worried Hun but I'm sure the best thing is to stay relaxed and if there isn't any reason other than the others being close together then no reason to think this one will be early. That said I'm constantly thinking about it this time round. I've just decided to set myself little milestones like sammy suggested so I'm happy today that I'm 28 weeks. Next stop 30 weeks x

Well I made it past 37w so baby is allowed to come now :)

Yay! Congrats on making it to 37wks! Won't be long now! :)

Thanks Hun I feel ready for him to come now as I've been expecting it for a few weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back