Things to get labour going

Jaidy

Reaction score
Any suggestions???

Not that im due for another 2 and a bit weeks yet but just wanna get a list together so I can start working through it :rotfl:

Ive heard pineapple, but does it have to be fresh?

And lots of sex. long walks etc.

Anything else??

i got told hot spicy food eg curry, running up and downstairs, um yeah fresh pineapple sex (ian wouldnt do that tho bearstard) i did it all h8 vindaloo, ate it nothing, h8 p/a ate it h8 walking did it ... and ian wouldnt even contemplate sex. ... i was still 2 weelks l8

apparently you need to eat like 100 pineapples for it to even begin to work good luck!!!!! i tried the long walks but it just makes you even more knackered and sore and swollen. my midwife told me the only good way of getting it going was a bit of rumpy pumpy- this was probably the most awful sex ive ever had as i really was like a beached whale but if it works ???!!! i think it helped me but i also has 3 sweeps as well so i dont know for definate. oh yeah we also brought 30 quids worth of potions from the herbalist like that cohosh stuff but i was too scared to take it but theres loads of women that swear by it. i read somewhere that they use it for really early abortions in some places, thats why i chickened out sounded like powerful stuff

ive heard walking up steps is good for getting baby fully engaged you need to walk up like john wayne though.

im talking about peeled and chopped up pineapple by the way lol, a pineapple in its natural state could have more hilarious results when combined with sex!!!! :shock: :rotfl: :rotfl:

nathanmum said:
ive heard walking up steps is good for getting baby fully engaged you need to walk up like john wayne though.

Thats a good tip, I wanna get this baby engaged so ta!

yeah and using your breast pump can stimulate the uterus

mummykay said:
im talking about peeled and chopped up pineapple by the way lol, a pineapple in its natural state could have more hilarious results when combined with sex!!!! :shock: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yeah I can imagine that would be quite comical...if not painful :shock:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I heard pinapple has to be fresh but i didnt not hat when i was preg so i ate a tin of pinapple then i went ofr a walk that night i scared myself and went on a ghosttrain next day i gave birth :lol:

I had a very rude image then of a mans willy and a pineapple ring!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Oer missus!!

I hear that you have to eat about 100 too as the chemical you need is only present in very small quantities.. I have done the curry - had it 3 nights in a row and I have been for huge walks... just felt tired and cold...

Now got to get hubby on the bonking thing... aparently its best if you can get on top! Might be an issue as I am the size of a house now but we will see!!!!!!!!!!

Also I read a thing about nipple stimulation working very well but you have to mimic the baby sucking for about 15 minutes per nipple!!!!

I tried everything with Aimee and i still had to get induced. With my first i still had the energy to walk and i went to a fair and walked round for about 7 hours and she was born the next day at 39 weeks.

Whats raspberry leaf tea meant to do.. coz i read it was meant to do something but i forget what lol

It so called helps to prepare your uterus for labour!!

i really enjoyed the raspberry tea but it started to make me vomit after i drank it weird side effect.....

i remember now, its meant to reduce ur likely ness of tearing. does it work?

coz if it does im drinking it by the gallon lol

I have heard of people that drank it and DIDNT tear, and people that drank it and DID.

Im a bit sceptical myself about it so havent been drinking it, but if you think its worth a shot then go for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back