Things to get labour going

Well i doubt it can make it worse lol. im terried of tearing.. coz well ouch

I've not been drinking the tea, i've just been taking the tablet form!

I have heard that it makes the pushing stage shorter as it tones up your uterus.... I am drinking the Tea but only have about 6 bags left - didn't plan on still being pregnant by now!!!!!!!!!!

nathanmum said:
yeah and using your breast pump can stimulate the uterus

best not to do this though as you may end up expressing some of your colostrum and you really don't want to waste any (I'm assuming anyone who has bought a breastpump is planning to breastfeed).

Hot curry, but has to be FAR hotter than you're used to - it needs to irritate your bowels enough for the bowels to stimulate the uterus (so basically it needs to be hot enough to give you an upset tummy - probably not the best thing to have when you're in labour though!!)

I went into labour after a day in Brighton, so maybe all the walking did some good!

I drank raspberry leaf tea for a couple of weeks to help 'condition' my uterus. I don't think it did anything as it still took 80 hours!!!!!

LBxx

80 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF!!!!

Thats nearly a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!!!!!

Yes - read my posts from 21/10/05 - I posted early hours on a Friday morning when I'd been in labour since Thursday night Maddie wasn't finally born until the Monday morning!!

To be fair it didn't get intensely painful until the last 12 hours or so. But the lack of sleep was a nightmare.

So as far as home remedies go, I really don't know if they work for people or not but I suspect I'll still be giving them a go this time around!!

I mainlined raspberry tea (5 cups a day) for 6 weeks and still had to be induced. :?

However, I did march my best friend round on a shopping trip a couple of months ago and she gave birth that evening (2 weeks early, still feel a bit guilty!!)

I think this walking malarky seems the best option.....looks like it has some promising results!

Jades, I walk daily anyway with Tilly, and have kept it up all the way through my pregnancy...went with MIL to be this aternoon to the beach, out for an hour and a half and I swear its what kept me feeling so fantastic all the way through. My midwife says its so good to keep mobile right to the end, and I am hoping it helps me get going asap!!

Went shopping all day yesterday, and woke with period pains and backache this morning, it soon passed tho :x

Whats the betting I go 2 weeks over, baby is probably too comfy in there with all the walking, and being rocked it wont want to come out!! :rotfl:

What worked for me was and Wednesday I walked to get Luke from school,
then I had to put in a canasten pesterie and Thursday I had sex that worked for me.
At the hospital I told them about the canasten even though I was nervers about useing it with Jess being so low I only put it in a bit but they said that it will do that to you

With my son I tried curries, long walks, lots of sex but he was still 17 days late! I asked the doctor this time and she told me the best thing is fresh pineapple so from 37 weeks I'm eating nothing else! :lol:

Canestan can start off labour????????? **she asks whilst running out of the door to Asda's!!*********

*Runs off to stock up on fresh pineapple* :rotfl:

:rotfl:

I know Minxy...waddle is definately the word :(

I wish I could run as that might bring baby on in itself!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back