Things are hopefully looking up!!

nicky1987

Reaction score
I am new to this forum and just wanted to share my journey so far. I came off BC (microgynon 30) at the end of october last year. didnt have a withdrawal bleed as i just didnt start a new packet after my last af. first as came christmas eve and lasted a week. then nothing!! started opks around cd120 but only ever got the control line! i read up on agnus castus and decided to start taking it. started tking it CD124 and within a couple of days faint second lines started appearing on my opks. however after a week and a half of faint lines i started to get really fed up and stressed out over it all and decided to take a break from the testing and constant false hope. then i started getting tell tale signs of my af, tender boobs, bloated stomach and lower back pain and finally it arrived on thursday! im now cd4 and very happy. hopefully this means things are starting to look up and with the AC hopefully a much shorter cycle this month!!

Has anybody else had cycles of 100+ days?? would be really nice to hear off people in a similar situation!! :) and sorry if ive rambled on!!!

There are a few ladies with very very long cycles like urself - scotchegg & missjuly x
I did have cycles 38-46 which is nothin compared to urs but is now 30-34 with AC so I think it works x

Goodluck :hugs:
Baby dust :dust: :dust:

Hope it starts regulating for you! I was on microgynon for 10 years! Mine have settled ish now! Keep us posted good luck xx

Hi Nicky :)

Similar to you i was on microgynon 30. Stopped taking it a while back.
Gap between periods started getting longer around October last year about 6 weeks. Then I had a brief show on Dec 23rd and never to be seen again until March 23rd. Was nearly beside myself! Went to doctors and had blood tests taken, scans at hospital etc. Since then I had one on 23rd May and not expecting one for a while. 2 periods for 2011 and we are half way through nearly! :-/ I think it is poly-cystic ovaries as got 90% of symptoms, he thinks its an under-active thyroid. Have you been to the doctors yet? Are you going through any major stresses at the moment? (apart from wanting a baby!)

Let us know if the AC worked!
Soph xx

I had long cycles like that when I came of the pill. First cycle was 72 days, then a couple around 65, then one at 127 days (i feel your pain, that was horrendous) and back down into the 50s and 60s. It was 18 months before they settled into the late 30s and with a few odd ones here and there have stayed there. I'm constantly scared they're going to get really long again.

Doctors wouldn't do anything, but we weren't ttc at the time, don't know what difference that would make. They told me they'd settle after a year or so and at a year they pointed out that they were a lot better (true, but they still weren't right and it was still bothering me). I think they're as settled as they're going to get now.

Were you irregular before you went on the pill? I was and although I'd got used to being regular on the pill it seems my body can't do that on its own.

I've never taken anything for it and things have sorted themselves with time. I appreciate that's not a great answer to someone who's ttc. The fear of long cycles is bad enough without actually having them.

hiya hun.. I feel you pain! But i have never been on the pill, im irregular 47-50 day cycles :roll:.. But this cycle im on cd 69, i went for a pelvic ultrasound in january an it came back clear.. I went to my doctor and he prescribed me provera to induce my period but im still waiting for it to arrive! Hopefully the AC works for you.. Keep us updated x

Hey guys thanks for the replies. no not been to the doctors. said i would if i hadnt had my period by the end of june so now its here im gonna wait and see what happens on the next cycle. to be honest its hard to remember my periods before the pill but i think i was regularish!! nothing majorly irregular!! im just going to chill out this month and hope for the best!!!

What are your symptoms of pcos sophie? hope your provera works for you! keep me posted! :roll:

What are your symptoms of pcos sophie? hope your provera works for you! keep me posted! :roll:

Hi Nicky,
If it helps the tests seem to take AGES and all the waiting feels so long. Get your GP to run as many tests as you can. Pretty sure you have to have all tests available in order for the bigger tests. The more knowledgeable ladies will be able to tell you more but the sooner you get going the less waiting there is.

PCOS symptoms - Crazy hair growth (never leave house without my tweezers!) Too much info alert but I pluck around my chin everyday, more often than the DH shaves! :mad: Have noticed more hair on other areas. Being naturally fair this is not as visible as it could be.
No weight loss while being on a strict 1400 cal diet for around 3months now. :eh: Also could be for under active thyroid. Painful ovaries (or the area around them), irregular periods. And not so sure where this fits but weirdly deep red stretch marks. Four in total, a little cluster of three on one side and one lonesome one that must be about and inch long and 4-5mm wide and no marks around it. :shock:

Really hope your cycles get their act together and start playing ball.

Keep us updated.

Soph xx

Hey sophie sorry for the late reply been doing a lot of overtime! i dont have any of those symptoms other than my period has been a little irregular since coming off the pill. which i only came off end of october last year. so i think im gonna leave the docs a bit longer see how my next couple of cycles go. im hoping im gonna regulate on cd7 at the mo.

how are you getting on? have the doctors prescribed you anything?

take care
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back