confused :(

jodie34

Reaction score
Hi ladies ,
Well I started using my opks one step ic's on cd7 af came on the 30th lasted 5ish days ,had a faint line on the opks on cd 9 nothing since and the test lines are looking a bit faint aswell if your technically supposed to ov on day 14 shouldn't I be seeing very faint posotives till I get my surge , oh dear all this is bewildering , this is my first time using them , should I carry on using my opks until I see a definite 2nd line , aghhh its all so confusing lol xx

Its ways all confusing anyway when its the first time. This is my 2nd cycle using opks and i keep on asking questions too :)

I think the girls will confirm because i am no expert but i think yes yoy carry on till you get your positive. Some ladies (most maybe) use them twice in day when it gets closer to ov. Day coz apparently you can miss your surge otherwise. Opk might be negative the morning and positive in the afternoon. Also the girls on here advise not to drink or pee for at least 2hrs before you test as it could dilut your wee and increases the risks to miss your surge.

As i said, i am no expert and i am also learning but i hope this helps.

Mel x

Thank you , oh its all so confusing , I'm tryin opks bcos with my son it took us for years medically there was nothing wrong so I thought this time we would use these and hopefully it might not take so long , oh dear its all so mind blowing x x

hey hun
iv used opks every cycle so far....this is first cycle iv done 2 opks in same day anjd kinda glad i did as on the day i got my pos opk the evening one was alot darker than afternoon one.

yes you need to keep on doing them until you get your positive (bear in mind that with the IC's some girls test line never gets as dark as control line so bear that in mind as u may think its negative as its slightly lighter than control but it could be ur positive)

Wen i do them i try not to pee fr 3-4 hrs to make sure its not too diluted and i dont drink anything in that time either (some girls do tho and theirs comes out fine, its just personal preference)

if you have any more qs ask away hun thats what we are here for xxxx

Keep going, as Bellarina and Mel said. :)

If you can, try testing in the afternoon and evening, as some ladies it works best in the evening, and some it works best in the afternoon.

You don't necessarily ovulate on day 14, it could be day 15,16,17 depending on how long your luteal phase/cycle is. Doctors count back 14 days from AF to determine ovulation date but as I said, it's not always 100% correct if your luteal phase is shorter, which it may well be.

I'd just keep going with the ovulation tests hun.

x x

Last edited:
Thanks ladies I feel like I'm bugging everyone because I'm forever posting questions lol, I do try and speak to my dh and he does try to help but he is pretty clueless lol , I think I'm just scared now that I won't get that positive ov stick , but I suppose we all worry about that when its our first cycle using them , I'm sure I will be a lot better on my 2nd cycle using opks x x

You're not bugging anyone, don't worry. There's always loads of questions in TTC! :D

Just ask away hun, it's no bother. Once you've used OPKs a couple of times, you'll get the hang of them.

x x

Fx for this cycle hun!
i alao think i got my positive yesterday because it was darker yhan the day before and today was slightly lighter. But it was not as dark as the control line. Keep your sticks so you can compare.
mel x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back