Theres something in my blood and i dont know what :(

keelie_b

Reaction score
i dont know what it is :( After my 28week blood tests i discovered im aneamic but i had to have more taken as something begginning with H was very low in my blood. nurse said "its not dangerously low yet but we'll keep an eye on it"
I asked her what it meant but she just filled me with jargon and told me all these stupid initials nd stuff so i just felt stupid thinking well maybe i should just know this stuff then. But i got back home and realised im not a trained nurse or midwide, medical speech means nothing to me and now im stupic for not finding out :cry:
I've got an appointment for results next week so i'll see if the doctor will be more sympathetic and helpfull.
Just worried because they said my aneamia blood test would be by last one unless there was something to be concerned about, now sounds like there will be many more to come.

Was it Haemoglobin hun?
If it is, it is caused by you being anaemic! It means you wont be making enough or making small red blood cells so lacking in oxygen! Try not to worry as once you start taking the iron, your body will make the red blood cells properly again and you will be fine! :hug:

Hi
It probably is your heamoglobin which in a pregnant woman should be idealy above 10. and if it around that or just below it they will want to keep an eye on it just as a precaution, I was very very aneamic with my first child (bloods coming back at 8) but i was fine just a little light headded some times they put me on ferrous sulphate and i ate lots of greens to bring it up, once i had my son i was back to normal and everything was fine, (babies get first dibs on all our goodness) the only downside was the blood tests that i had to have which was a quite a few but it was worth to make sure we kept healthy.

My advice to anyone getting test reslts is no matter how silly you may feel the question is always ask " what does that mean and why" nurses forget that people dont know there jargon and they often forget to explain it and they really dont mind giving full explanations, and if you forget to ask when your there call them up and ask them what it means you may not get the same nurse but they can explain what it might mean.
It could just be that it has dropped slightly since your last blood test and they just want to double check everything.
Try not to worry :hug:
pam

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back