'Funny Turn' Drop in Blood Pressure?

happy-chick

Reaction score
OK twice today ive come over all weird and felt like i was going to pass out, the first time we were out shopping and it felt like someone had pulled a rug from under me and i lost my balance and had to grab hold of hubby cos everything was spinning.... it just happened again while i was sat still, everything started spinning and i felt really weird and my vision went weird (simular to when u get distorted vision from a migraine).

Its not low blood sugar as ive not long since eaten, could poss be my blood pressure dropping I suppose but cant see why when im sat still? My BP did keep going low in early pregnancy so think it could be that again?

It kinda feels the same as when I lay on my back and go all dizzy and weird cos babys putting pressure on my organs, do u think maybe babys lay on something she shouldnt lol sounds daft i know!!

Im pretty sure its nothing to worry about but just wondered what it could be :think:

happy_chick said:
OK twice today ive come over all weird and felt like i was going to pass out, the first time we were out shopping and it felt like someone had pulled a rug from under me and i lost my balance and had to grab hold of hubby cos everything was spinning.... it just happened again while i was sat still, everything started spinning and i felt really weird and my vision went weird (simular to when u get distorted vision from a migraine).

Its not low blood sugar as ive not long since eaten, could poss be my blood pressure dropping I suppose but cant see why when im sat still?

It kinda feels the same as when I lay on my back and go all dizzy and weird cos babys putting pressure on my organs, do u think maybe babys lay on something she shouldnt lol sounds daft i know!!

Im pretty sure its nothing to worry about but just wondered what it could be :think:

Definitely sounds like a blood pressure problem.

I bet when you were out shopping with your DH you had been standing for quite sometime, or at least been walking around a lot... I've had that happen to me...

With sitting still again your blood pressure will drop because you are not doing anything although when this has happened to me, I just all of a sudden feel the urge to sleep.

And as for lying on your back, that's the baby pushing against one of your central arteries that supplies blood from your legs to your lungs, so you would probably feel quite breathless too... as there isn't enough blood making it back up to your lungs to oxygenate.

Low blood pressure in pregnancy is as common as high blood pressure. Just make sure you drink plenty of fluids and mention it to your midwife when you can just so she can check your bp.. :)

Yeah i think it is blood pressure cos I did have problems with it in early pregnancy but it seemed to sort itself out as I got further on. Will mention it to MW as will be seeing her on Thursday.

As for the lying on my back I just meant that the way i felt today when i went weird is very simular to that, very faint, dizzy and breathless.

i had the exact same about 2 weeks ago. I naturally have low BP which does not help. I ended up at the hospital as they wanted to give me the once over. I had had a a very bad cold about a 2 weeks before and was left with a bad cough. Basically the Doctor told me to not forget that i was 30some weeks pregnant and getting over colds etc is harder. Was nice to get the reassurance from the hospital and the maternity ward said to come straight back in if it continued.

If you are still worried give your MW a call.

Hope you are feeling better.

:hug:

Ive got a cold & bad sinuses at moment, also keep getting earache so think I have some sort of cold/virus which I dont spose will help. Im sure it wil be fine but if it does keep dropping ill ring MW, thanks :)

hey jo.. i also felt really faint today while shopping..me and charlotte both have colds.. and im sruggling to breath enough in bed when with snot, and expanding baby taking over my lung space..

its really really common to faint at this stage.. as theres so much blood trying to get pumped around our bodys.. take it easy..xx

This happened to me jo, I felt like my heart was really racing - the doctor said it was because I was doing too much and needed to rest!

So put your feet up for a while

I had a similar problem on Saturday. Since my BP went up at the beginning of last week whcih I knew was just stress, they put me on 750mg a day of methyldopa which concerned me. I'd been feeling a little funny in the mornings and had mentioned it to the midwife on Saturday morning but she considered my BP (135/86) as being okay. The top of my BP is usually 145-155 so I didn't like that it had gone down to 135. I decided not to take my tablets Saturday night, and I only took 1 tablet (125mg) yesterday and felt alot better for it.

I am seeing my ante natal guy this afternoon and will be telling him about it as I don't want to continue taking them if it is going to make me feel that bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back