There's a First Time for Everything

frankie247

Reaction score
Well, I've finally decided to keep a journal here. I'm starting a bit late as Xanthe is 12 weeks now, but up until this point I've been updating my blog - http://www.newbabyinc.blogspot.com

So I'll update here too from now on.

Quick recap: Xanthe Rose born on the 9th July 2012 at 10.05am by C-Section weighing 8lb1oz.

She's my first :)

Yesterday was our busy day...

Out at 9am for playgroup at the church, it's a good 10 minute walk to get there and includes a really steep hill, but lovely once inside. There is a huge space to play and they cater well for babies along with toddlers.

I'd lost in touch with a friend I used to go to church with and found her there as she's had a baby too - her daughter is 4 weeks exactly younger than Xanthe. I've also made friends with another girl and Xanthe and I are going to go back to church services. We'll start with the one a month specially aimed at people with young children. They run a crèche every week but I'm not keen on leaving Xsa Xsa, in it at the moment. Or we might go to my old evening service, it's a lot louder but more modern with a worship band rather than hymns!

I arrived back home at 12 then had an hour for lunch before we headed out again.

At 1, we went to my local Surestart centre, it was the first time we'd attended a group there. The lady who runs it, Liz is lovely and a retired midwife, so she's very knowledgable. The only problem is it was me and another woman with an 8 month old. So definitely quiet but lovely because Xanthe actually stayed awake this time and was full of smiles for Liz.

We also did some painting, and I got a footprint from Xanthe, I attempted a handprint too but she wasn't having it at all!

Last night we had what I would call a bad night. She woke at 5 and had a feed but she didn't want to go back to sleep she wanted to play. Did get her down at about 5.30, and she slept until 6.45...she then had a little milk snack and went back to sleep but I'm up because waiting delivery from Mamas and Papas, I've ordered a personalised 'my first Christmas dress' and a first Christmas sleepsuit. I've also ordered a Morph Baby Carrier and I can't wait! Hope it arrives earlier rather than later and I can use it to go to my afternoon club, but it'll be a shame to miss it - if the order hasn't arrived!

Gosh Frankie, I cannot believe how quickly time has gone?

I was only about half way through Tri 2 when you had LO, but I remember it well.

I know you've had a crazy time since Xanthe has arrived but you are doing fantastically

xxxxxxx

Time is flying its shocking! She's looking less newborn and more like a person.

She received her first Bookstart Bear Club Certificate today - yay :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349377536.756498.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349377557.623126.jpg

Well I'm up doing a feed, I can manage when it's one a night, but it's unusual. Xanthe was quite grizzly yesterday and drank a lot of milk so I wonder if she's going through a growth spurt.

We're just back from baby club - always this time of day the tiredness hits me, especially as Xanthe was up twice last night which is highly unusual.
Cup of tea, biscuit and snuggles with my girlie on the agenda for now I think.

Xanthe learnt about new textures at baby group today and felt sand and jelly for the first time, and played with the plastic ducks in some water.

Well it seems Xanthe will be getting 5 mins of fame, I had a call from the officer at the Surestart centre to ask my permission to use her photo in their official annual report :)

I said yes, and will sign a consent form next week

Xanthe slept in her cot for the first time last night and slept 10-7 then 7.30-9.45 :)
It's strange though that's she out her Moses basket I feel she's growing up far too soon!

In other news, she finally started playing with her playmat today - it blew her mind lol!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349532178.729856.jpg

My dad was watching a war film today and it looks like he's found an ally in Xanthe as she was mesmerised lol

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349532326.065353.jpg

I took Xanthe to church for the first time today. She's 12 weeks and 6 days. It was lovely to see old faces and some new faces that I know from the church baby and toddler group.
It was the Harvest Festival so it had a really nice vibe of thanksgiving and reflection.
Xanthe was awake and alert and looking at everything through the whole service.
We took a can of beans to donate and also donated to the children in need collection and the church collection too. Afterwards the cafe was selling cakes with proceeds going to fund the church flowers.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349613844.098582.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349613861.861867.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back