the right thing to do?

toolost101

Reaction score
hi, i have just turned 19, my partner is nearly 40, we have known each other for about 2/5 yrs, but have been going out nearly a year, we have been ttc for ages now, but sometimes i think, pple will think im weird or something having a baby to a 40 yr old, but we are so happy and in love and believe its the right thing to do, pple are just getting the better of me, i keep getting funny looks from pple when were out together, im afraid of what every1 is going to think, please please help, i need some advice what is the right thing to do?

shelz x

Hi Shelz

I think I know how you feel. I am 23 and my partner is 40. I know the age gap isn't as big but I look very young for my age and I'm sure people think I'm his daughter. I really tuly don't ever think about it so wouldn't notice if people were staring. You need to do what you feel is right. Don't live your life for other people because they aren't the ones who have to deal with the consequences, you are. If you want to be with him and have a child, do it, age is just a number, it's the person that counts.

Good luck

As long as you are happy and he will be a good dad, that is all that matters! It is just peoples narrow mindness that has got you like this! So long as you love each other and have a health relationship them there is no reason why this baby will not be perfect for you both!

Your happiness and love for eachother is worth more than any narrow minded wa**ers opinion. Follow your heart and don't ever doubt it xxx

hi, thank you so much for the advice, i know that your right, it is only us 2 that count, and he'll make a fantastic father, you have made me realise that there is no reason why we shouldn't,

lv shelz x

Hope it's not too late to reply. This topic was created 26th July - thats only 1 1/2 weeks ago.

Anyway i'm 31 and my husband is 49 - thats 18 years age gap and i think he's the most perfect man for me. Age is jusr a number. Okay he's older and you will come up against a few obsticles but every relationship (no matter what the age) will have the odd problem. We're trying for a baby at the moment. Men can father a child into old age. It's true the sperm count starts to fall but not until they reach their 50's and then the amount it drops is so small. Once they hit there 60's the drop becomes noticable but they can still go on and father a child.

Don't let others put you off. You'll know if it right. If it is go for it. We only live once. Anyway men are so much more inmature than woman. My husband can be a big soft kid at times. That's why I love him so much.

Good luck with your relationship and trying for a baby**************

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back