The mans age make a difference?

Rachel25j

Reaction score
Well Ive been married 8 years, me and DH have 2 kids, boy 5 girl 7.
Weve been TTC # 3 for close to 2 years,

My question is becasue there is a age difference in myself and my husbands could that be the reason Its not easy to concieve this time?

Im 25, hes 44..

Just curious?

Men's fertility generally doesn't get affected by age alone until they are quite old - certainly older than 44. My donor is 40+ and his sperm levels haven't dropped at all.

no, it makes zero difference.

My hubby is 17yrs older than me and can get me pregnant just by looking at me.......! :rotfl: :rotfl:

i wouldnt have thought so hun if he is healthy (which i'm sure he is :oops: )

Whew! thanks, well that is good to know.. I dont understand why it wont happen.... I get so upset when the BFN shows up.. Maybe its me, i dont know.

Hi

My great-grandfather fathered his youngest child (my great Aunt ) at aged 70, so think 44 is young!

He had 6 children from his previous marriage and 14 with my great grandmother!

Hi it does make slightly more chance of problems, but not a lot. There have been celebrities recently who have fathered in their 60s or 70s.

I am 30 and my boyf's 43 :)

As to why it's taking so long, we all feel like that when ttc, unless we 'hit the jackpot' early. :)

You say you've been trying for 2 years- you can go to your doc for tests on you both etc, if you like, perhaps they can speed the process along somehow or give you some advice :)

Yeah DH and I have decided to go to the doc, if we dont get it this month, will be testing again here around the tenth, unless AF shows her face!!
Thanks for all the advice!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back