**The All New 'No Sleep Club' thread**

maybebaby

Reaction score
I just posted in the no sleep club thread and then realised that no-one uses it any more. Is there a need to start a new thread on no sleep? Or is it just me up 3 or 4 times a night?!? Can anyone help...

im up a lot too! :) may notice some of my posts are at silly o clock in the morning lol

I'm in!

Sam is seven months and I'm STILL up three or four times. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong......... :wall: :wall: :wall:

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

krystalmair said:
help in which way? :doh:

Sorry, that wasn't clear, this is the message I posted in the no sleep thread:

Hi, my name's Becky & I GET NO SLEEP!!!!!

Austin's nearly 6 months and if he only wakes up twice in the night that's a good night for us.

He has two solid meals a day, breakfast and dinner.

He slept through for 5 days in a row when he was about 4 months? old but then started teething and that was the end of that. He now has 4 teeth so I'm hoping we get a break from teething and can learn to sleep again!!!

I really don't want to have to leave him to cry, I hate the whole idea of it. He's a baby and it's his only way of communicating. Is there any other way of encouraging him to sleep through?

me and OH tend to get up 4-5 times on average at night to soothe luke often he needs just turning over as he likes to settle on his side and he has rolled on to his back. sometimes we need to put dummy in and he quickly settles but lately he is taking longer to settle as his teeth are bothering him so we give him calpol/teething gel if we thinks he needs it, it is really wearing constantly getting up and down.

i'm not sure what age babies shouldn't need a feed during the night, i think its from when thay are 14lbs or above, there bodies should be able to go overnight without milk so therefore it tends to be a habit that they have got used too.

i really sympathise i am a person who needs there sleep and the past 7 months + of broken sleep really take its toll.

group hug :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

ahh i see.... Yep I'm in that club too :bored: :sleep:

Although to be fair jack is only 5 weeks old but I still try everything to make him sleep longer :roll:

Well last night we were up 6 times between midnight and 5am when I finally gave up and brought him in with us. I'm exhausted, I just don't know what to do. He demanded a feed every time we woke up then was asleep again within 5 minutes.

How was everyone else's night?

luke slept from 8.30 til 3.30 :clap: then he was awake til about 4.30 inconsolable it was awful cos we had to be up 5.30 so i could go to work and drop him at my mums before hand, in the end we had to give him medised to calm him, he was under the weather though he has a chesty cough. we were very lucky to have a good beginning of the night.

Well last night he went down at 8:30, woke up at half 12, asleep again at 1am, woke up again at 1:30 and didn't go down again til 2:15. Then woke up again at 3am, at which point he came in our bed. I'm was tired I cried last night, I just don't know what to do with him.

Alex was up for the day at 4.30am :shock: DH let me go to bed at 6am when he got up with his for the day, but I felt worse for the sleep as it made me so groggy.

Some nights he'll sleep through from 7.30 til near 7 (heaven, but DD seems to wake up those nights!), but most nights he's up at least 2-3 times aswell. The night before last he had lots of tea (for a change, he's been really fussy about eating), 8oz milk and a breastfeed was down at 8pm but still up at Midnight! I couldn't believe it! He's a big lad (has over tripled his birth weight and is on the 98th centile) and just likes his cuddles at night. Sometimes we put him back in his cot, normally after about 4am I give up and we sleep together. Makes it easier that way.
I just tell myself that he's not going to be 5 and still waking at night for boob, and when he gets older he wont want the cuddles so it's not really that bad. Just going to give in, enjoy the boobie snuggles in bed and prop my eyes open the next day :bored:

Hi :wave:
I think I'm eligible to join this club too!
My girl and her tiny stomach needs feeding pretty constantly so i'm up at 1am, 3am, 5am etc. A couple of times so far I've managed a two and a half hour sleep and felt so refreshed after - isn't it amazing what you get used to?! :D

We had a good night last night... He was only up twice, and didn't come into our bed until 6:30!!! It really is amazing how quickly you get used to disrupted sleep patterns, I managed to get nearly 4 hours sleep in a row last night and felt so refreshed this morning!

After a night of fairly good sleep I'm feeling a bit more relaxed, I think Austin may be suffering a bit from seperation anxiety at night, and gets a bit lonely. I've started putting his favourite cuddly toy into the cot with him & he cuddles it when he's going to sleep. I think it's helping to settle him a bit better. We're by no means going through the night yet but there's light at the end of the tunnel.

maybebaby said:
After a night of fairly good sleep I'm feeling a bit more relaxed, I think Austin may be suffering a bit from seperation anxiety at night, and gets a bit lonely. I've started putting his favourite cuddly toy into the cot with him & he cuddles it when he's going to sleep. I think it's helping to settle him a bit better. We're by no means going through the night yet but there's light at the end of the tunnel.

thats a good idea luke has the cow and gate cow that i got free with something when i was pregnant and that was in his cot from birth i think they do get comforted by familiar items. hope good nights continue maybe baby. :pray:

im so depressed, hannah has had a personality transplant.

for the last 3 nights shes waking up almost hourly, screaming crying - but completly fine when i pick her up and cuddle her. She just wont be put down.
This is so different - shes been sleeping through for months now.
ive been full of cold so i thought id could be that, thoi really shes showing no signs of it (snotty nose etc)
She does have nappy rash - could this be it? were changing her constantly and using all the creams - the bums getting better but she isnt.

I just feel like crying. At this very moment in time shes screaming the place down AGAIN. all day every day. And night. She gets herself in such a state if i leave her i think she'll start fitting or somthing. shes SCREAMING in her play pen right now - i know as soon as i go over she'll start smiling and wanting to be picked up.

i dont know where the hell this behavious has come from and i cant take it much longer.

Im joining too, as there are nights im up more then usual. She has settled down alot though to just two feeds a night now which is fabulous!

I find im up more due to oh snoring then imogen!

Well it's not exactly sleeping through but last night went like this:

8:30pm - into bed, settled himself to sleep really quickly (usually takes 20 mins of me or OH stroking his face or holding his hand)

midnight - woke up, little grumble, quick boob feed, straight back down fast asleep

4:30am - same as above

6am - woke up, no time to grumble cos he came straight into bed with me. Bit of booby, then slept til 7:30am.

I feel like I'm getting somewhere slowly!

Rachel - is Hannah teething? Austin slept really well until he started teething, and 2 months down the line we're still not back to normal. Sorry I can't help but it sometimes feels better if you know what's wrong? Maybe try a little calpol before she goes to bed?

maybebaby said:
Well it's not exactly sleeping through but last night went like this:

8:30pm - into bed, settled himself to sleep really quickly (usually takes 20 mins of me or OH stroking his face or holding his hand)

midnight - woke up, little grumble, quick boob feed, straight back down fast asleep

4:30am - same as above

6am - woke up, no time to grumble cos he came straight into bed with me. Bit of booby, then slept til 7:30am.

I feel like I'm getting somewhere slowly!

Rachel - is Hannah teething? Austin slept really well until he started teething, and 2 months down the line we're still not back to normal. Sorry I can't help but it sometimes feels better if you know what's wrong? Maybe try a little calpol before she goes to bed?

Can I join in? Maybebaby Austin sounds so much like Brody at the minute! :shock: It's so tiring isn't it? One night only waking once and then every hour the next night! :roll: I bring him in with us anytime after 6 too but the last 2 mornings it hasn't helped and wants to be up! :x

Rachel that definately sounds like teething to me! :D

hi thanks girls, well she was reallllly bad for 4 days and nights and is now back to her old self. I think it was a mixture of teething (which shes been doing sinse 2 months anyway) biut of a cold (like mummy) and nappyrash.
Soooo glad shes back to herself - thought she'd changed for forever last week. lol.
Been sleeping though again 8pm till 6-7am :dance: :dance: Happy days :)

rachelandjarvis said:
hi thanks girls, well she was reallllly bad for 4 days and nights and is now back to her old self. I think it was a mixture of teething (which shes been doing sinse 2 months anyway) biut of a cold (like mummy) and nappyrash.
Soooo glad shes back to herself - thought she'd changed for forever last week. lol.
Been sleeping though again 8pm till 6-7am :dance: :dance: Happy days :)

Ooooh I'm so jealous!

But really-I'm glad she is back to her happy self and letting you get some sleep! :D :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back