Tips please on sleep

kittykat8

Reaction score
Hiya,

My little man has started to wake 3 or 4 times in the night and will not settle unless he sleeps on my chest which means that I never really sleep properly. It's now getting too much for me. I dream of getting more than 2 hours sleep at a time :cry: He did a couple of weeks ago sleep from 11pm to 6am without stirring for a couple of nights but then it's gone pear shaped.

Has anyone got any ideas that will help him settle back in his moses basket?

i use to snuggle kyran really tightly in a blanket. i think he liked the security of being all snug.

i think its something they just go through sorry. they change every week! kyran usually sleeps from 7.30pm til 6am but this week hes decided to fight like hell going to bed at about half 8 to 9 then waking at 3 and demanding a bottle, finally dropping off about 4 then up at 6. im sure he'll change again next week!

Its prob a growth spurt, always changes their sleeping habits :sleep:

You could try putting an item of your clothing into his cot with him so he can smell you, I did this with Maia I used my t-shirt i had on that day and I just wrapped it around the top of the mattress where he head would lay.

Do you usually rock Ethan to sleep?? The reason I ask is because I have read that it is better to put them down slightly sleepy but awake so they are concious that you have left the room otherwise when they wake they will be upset that they are on their own and will need comforting back to sleep.

Another trick is to put him down but to keep close contact with him, so try stroking his face and rest your other hand on him elsewhere as he drifts off deeper then you can hopefully stop and leave the room.
Good luck, hope it works.

My Lo was exactly the same...think they just feel secure sleeping on you and they're so used to being curled up in a ball....I used to swaddle her and also put two rolled up blankets at the side of her that went up to her waist so she felt secure...it took a while for her to get used to tho, she even hated going in the carrycot on the pram for a few weeks...... I think some babies are better than others at sleping on their own.
:hug: :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back