Terrified

pinkyprincess

Reaction score
I'm being a bit of an idiot really but I've finally get my driving test on Friday and I'm shitting myself. Just being in our car today with OH driving was making me well up!

Some of you have heard this before but I found out I was preggo a couple of weeks before my last test and I was all over the place, I even hit into someones wingmirror in one of my lessons. I came home from one of my lessons the week before and was hysterical and crying my eyes out, my OH didn't want me to take the test but I did and failed because I hit a bus. If I hadn't done that I would've passed!

I took about 3 months off through fear? Maybe? And to give my hormones the chance to even themselves out, then started driving again in August.

Things haven't been bad but I've been struggling with my manoeuvres big time this time (I'm in a different car this time) but I had them pretty much last week.

We went out for a lesson on Saturday and OMG girls I was terrible! The driving was fine, like in general it was near perfect and my instructor had nothing to say, but apart from my 3 point turn I couldn't do any of my manoeuvres and by the end of my lesson I kept nearly driving into cars on my left (my instructor had to move the wheel) and now I'm just panicking. I need the car for the baby, I'm far away from everyone and everything where I live and if I don't have a car I'll be a recluse. I could've gone out in our car this weekend but I'm too scared too incase I fuck up again. I've got a lesson tomorrow and I'm dreading it!

Sorry just had to have a bit of a rant. My OH doesn't understand why I'm so wound up!

omg i remember how terrified i was about my test!!! u poor thing and being 31 wk pregnant aswell with hormones all over the place really cant help.wishin u all the luck in the world 4 a pass hun.xxxx

It sounds like nerves big time to me. I know this is easier said than done but you are putting way too much pressure on yourself and getting wound up so you need to figure a way to keep calm. The thing is it sounds like you know your stuff so you need to keep telling yourself that. If it was me I'd try and get as much driving practice in as possible and NOT with your OH because that'll probably wind you up more. Try doing things to chill out and relax this week. Heck crack the hypnobirthing techniques out and do breathing exercises. You can and will do this, ignore your OH and get yourself in the right headspace.

oh hun dont stress.
I still havent passed my test. Nerves hit me big time on the day and Ive stopped now until after Bubs is born.
I find that that the closer u get to a test (ive done 3!) the worse the driving gets...purely out of nerves. You will definitely drive better on the day. Just take a deep breath when u get into the car and take ur time.
Nerves are an awful thing....I suffer with them badly in any form of test/exam......... but you can overcome them hun.
On the day, just think to yourself... its only a driving test, Im going to push a human being out of me soon, this is a doddle lol xxx

I agree hun think ur being too hard on yourself. Just need to chill and breathe if u get nervous. If it helps the lesson before my test I was crap and during my test I stalled during my 3 point turn and I could feel myself starting to panic but I just took a deep breath and corrected myself and stayed calm. And I passed, wishing u loads of luck Hun xx

Thanks guys. It's amazing I'm more worried bout this than giving birth or the thought of having a child!! Can't even have a large glass of wine the night before to relax!!

Good luck. Don't forget the driving test people are human too. When they strike up conversation (they have to as part of the test) make sure you lay it on thick. I think it worked for me on mine, my instructor literally had to help me look past a bunch of parked cars to pull out. But still I'm a hard 'working single mother who couldn't afford' another test ;) passed 1st time.

Aww hun feel your pain! I've got my testing on the 7th November and I'm bricking it! My instructor suggested that if it all goes tits up on my test then fake contractions and get the examiner to run me to the hospital! lol not sure he's supposed to suggest that!!

Oh godI felt so much better today but my OH has just rung and he's been called away with work and might not be home until Satuday! Don't know how i'll get through my lessons this week when I'm not coming home to him making me laugh and giving me hugs :|

I was so worried about my test, i bumped the curve on my first manover and thought i'd failed from the rest so that really took the edge off and I relaxed and passed. the curve bump just went down as a minor as I reacted well to it and didn't mount the curve :D

In all fairness it might be better to wait till after the baby is here if it doesn't go well on Friday - I know i'm finding it hard when driving to reverse as I can't turn to look out the back window - not exactly safe :p

Good luck anyway! my instructor said to book it for just before lunch as the examiner will be distracted thinking about what to eat so won't notice as much :p

Oh honey just dig deep focus and relax, you will be fine. U have baby giving u moral support if Hubbie is away xxx

And there's always some us doing something daft on here to make you laugh. xxx

aw good luck hun, fingers crossed! just try to remain as calm and focused as possible but dont put too much pressure on yourself xxx

Just had a lesson, wasn't as bad as Saturday but felt tense the whole time. The driving bit was fine, kept forgetting my mirror when I changed gear! My manoeuvres left a lot to be desired again!

Aww pinky u need to ground ur worries a bit to calm down. Try and approach it thinking that u would love to pass but if u don't, u will next time. Maybe it will be easier once baby is here? Everyone passes eventually and the most likely chance of u passing on Friday is if u calm as much as poss and don't stress too much :hugs: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back