Terrified!

Lulu_Laroo

Reaction score
Just got back from my 25 week midwife appointment. When she checked my urine there was blood in it. She said it could possibly be cystitis but I have to make an emergency doctors appointment and take another urine sample with me.
I'm now terrified something is wrong!
I haven't had any signs of an infection like a burning sensation or anything like that.

I'm so scared now! :(

oh dear :( did you mw say what else it could be?...

is your appointment soon?

try not to be nervous hun. At least it's a good thing that they noticed now, so they can treat it, whatever it is! xxx

Oh hun, when do you have to make the appointment for? Today? At least the MW has picked it up, some don't even bother to check the samples! Hope everything is ok.. Xx

Please try not to worry, as the others have said, at least they have found it and you are being monitored. Hope everything is ok x

I've had blood in my urine before on two occassions and both times there has been nothing wrong- no infection or anything.
If you have got an infection the doctor will just prescribe you some antibiotics that are safe in pregnancy.

Thanks all, I have made the appointment for today. Well, actually my OH made it for me as I phoned him at work in such a state as I had got myself so worked up! He came straight home from work to be with me bless him.

The midwife didn't really say what else it could be :(

I know I'm probably worrying about nothing but that's just me, I'm a born worrier!

Last edited:
that's good that you could get an appointment quickly! Let us know how it goes! Lots of luck xxx

i had blood in my urine samples when i was pregnant with my son. The doctors said it was my plug coming away slowly. Hope everything is ok for you

I've had blood in my urine before on two occassions and both times there has been nothing wrong- no infection or anything.
If you have got an infection the doctor will just prescribe you some antibiotics that are safe in pregnancy.

I had the same scenario at my 16 week appt xx Midwife sent it for testing and everything came back fine xx

Had a follow up appt and Midwife said sometimes that area is just irritated and you get traces of blood x

Thanks for your replies. The doctor suspects its a urine infection because the area was tender when she prodded about. She's put me on anti-biotics and sent a urine sample off for testing anyway.
On the plus side I finally got to hear babys heartbeat! The midwife never does it for some reason, but my doctor did yesterday just to check :)

Aw glad everythings is ok... Brilliant you got to hear babys heartbeat, I love it! :) x

I've got my 25 week appointment in half an hour - better be clear - oh - I'd better go pee in a pot!! Dont want it to be warm in her hands....lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back