any ideas girls

bowmanzoo

Reaction score
Last wednesday I had an appointment with doctor and then followed by an appointment with midwife which showed I had protiene in my urine and slightly but not alarming high blood pressure. She took a sample of my urine and sent it off for testing incase of thrush or some other infection causing the protine. I was told to phone back today which I have done and if it was an infection like thrush ect then the doctor would simply write me out a prescription for collection. Anyway I phoned today after getting back from funeral of step brother to be told yes results are in but the doctor wants to speak to me and nothing else was said, I asked what was wrong but they wouldnt tell me over the phone and i've got to wait for Monday now so a weekend of worry for me, thanks medical staff lol. So have any of you girls had anything like this and if so what could it possibly be????? Baby is fine cause he/she been kicking and hb and length of baby showed fine when mw checked on wednesday so what could it be.

Hey didn't want to read and run but I don't have an answer ... :wall: :wall: sorry you have to wait over the weekend but I'm sure if it was something serious they would have got you to come in today :hug: :hug: I really think it's not going to be worth worrying about it esp if it's fine to wait till monday

Have some hugs here :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi,

I've not got any answer but I had the same thing with protein in my urine today. My sample has been sent off too.

Hope everything is alright, it's probably nothing :hug:

Alex xxx

yeah im keeping it in my mind that if it was really bad then they wouldnt allow me to wait until Monday but I really wish they wouldnt do this and just say whats wrong but say we need to talk about it. When they just say doctor needs to speak to you about the result ........ you can't help but worry. I'm wondering if they can actually detect pre-eclampsia via urine tests or not. I've been suffering from dizzyness and puffy legs but only slight. My eyes are a bit bluewy (spelling?)

Sorry cant advice but wanted to say good luck with the results...LO kicking and scans showing good growth - it is a good sign everything is going to be just fine :)

He maybe just wants to talk about what might happen if the protein & high blood pressure don't go away?

You know, cover the options and make sure you know what to be watching for?

last time i saw the M/W she took a urine sample and found trases of protien. they sent it off, and found that i had a simple urinery tract infection. i'm sure its nothing to worry about. just a 5day course of antibiotics might be coming your way! try not to worry yaself over the weekend :hug:

Perhaps he just wanted to give you the prescription in person and just check your BP again. Like the other girls have said, if it was serious, they'd have got you to come in today. Try not to worry too much this weekend :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back