Water infection or baby......

mdsremos

Reaction score
I was diagnosed with a water infection by my GP on Friday the 2nf December as she checked my urine sample and it showed high protein so I had a 7 days course of antibiotics (Nitofortoin???)

I saw my midwife on the 7th December who reluctantly re-checked my urine stating that the result may be masked by the antibitiotics but it came back clear once she check for protein. I have now finished the course of tablets (last dose took 9th Dec) but still need to go to the loo very frequently, sometime feel quite urgent even though its only half hour since I went before and although I have no burning or anything it just seems to be a trickle. The midwife said at my appointment that the sample was now clear and the baby is probably putting pressue on my bladder but as I am only 21.5 weeks I didnt think that would happen as much yet.

Should I go back and see my GP for a retest on my urine or just wait it out and see what happens as my next midwife appointment isnt until January????

If its worrying you i would go back to the docs hun. But ive been through on and off spells of needing the loo all through my pregnancy. I dont think im on my own either but like i said get a recheck if you are worried.

i agree call your docs or midwife if its really bothering you but I went thru and still do go thru stages of constantly needing the loo to other days where I hardly go I think it depends on how and where the baby is lying.

i have been peeing like a racehorse since 6 weeks lol if you are unsure about anything ask your MW - that is what they are there for xx

have been peeing like a racehorse

I just cannot stop laughing at that!!!! Im the same - have midwife tommorow going to ask her if its normal at this stage. Still debating whether to use that line though!!!! lol lol

L x

I called the GP office yesterday lunch and asked if I was to drop in with a water sample would they test it for me to save using up and appointment time (I'm considerate like that......truth, I didnt want to be messing about waiting for hours in the surgery).
I called again at 4.30pm and they said it showed infection was still present and they have sent it off to see which antibiotics would be resistant to it and which would be effective so should have the results in a couple of days.

Hope you get it sorted. I have to ring for my results next friday - so fingers crossed its not anything! all I need for Christmas - mind you cant drink so wont make any difference this year!

L x

Well now I am so confused and fed up!
Rang the GP yesterday and according to the receptionist my results came back as clear not further action yet I cant understand why they sent them off in the first place if nothing was showing on the dip stick.
Still peeing something like every half hour or so and constantly feel as though I havent finished. Feel like I desperately need to go but nothing major happens when I do.
Doesnt help when Beanie is using my bladder as a trampoline, cheeky monkey has been really active these last few days. :roll:

I totally sympathise Mdsremos

Ive been having similar thing for weeks now. Told the midwife last week at my appointment and she tested it there and then and there was nothing but she sent it off anyway for the hospital to test it???? I get the results wedensday.

For example since I woke up (40 minutes ago) I have been 4 times, and like you i feel like im busting to go then just a trickle comes out - it goes on like this all day. At work I have to walk past the directors office and I joked to him a couple of weeks ago that they would have to repair the carpet where I am constatntly walking on it to get to the ladies!

It starting to get me down though cos I also seem to get braxton hicks when i try and hold it for too long - so not sure if that is no good either - I completely forgot to mention that to the midwife - might ask them about it when I get the results back.

What are you going to do now?

L x

Let me know how you get on with your results!
I have no idea what to do now other than just perservere and wait for my next midwife appointment which will be around the 3rs week January. I suppose I could always bother my GP again but might wait a little while and see if things settle down.
Unfortunately I am not a very big drinker (normal liquids that is not alcohol :roll: ) so find it very hard to drink the normal required amount of water/fluids. I also have, from early in my pregnancy, a horrible sweet taste in my mouth that sometimes makes me heave.....sweet drinks make it worse.

Yeah, its hard to know what to do isnt it :? . If mine comes back with no sign of infection or anything - I will be in the same position as you - still having it but no real reason.

I expected it to be something like this but sometimes during the day im going about 5-6 every hour and It really starts to get on your nerves after a while.

I will let you know when I get my results.

I suppose you could just see how it goes and if it gets any worse I would definatly go back to the docs / ring midwife and tell them you want it looking into.

I might start making a note of when I go (lovely!) so then I can prove to them how often it is. Sometimes just saying Ive been 4 times in one hour doesnt sound a lot when you just say it like that (if you get what I mean!)

L x

I got my result back and there is no infection??

Not sure what to do now. Im literally going every half hour or more, and in between its not long before I get the feeling that Im busting to go again. Its so annoying - hardly having any sleep because of it too. :(

Any suggestions?

L x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back