Worried, ++blood in urine

bethanyann

Reaction score
I saw my midwife yesterday, and when she tested my urine she said it was +blood. I told her I'd not seen any visable blood at all in my urine, and she said it might just be one of those things but to call her immediately if I see even the smallest amount of blood in my urine. I heard baby's heart beat yesterday, which was nice and strong, so when I left I wasn't overly worried, just made sure I checked every time I went to the toilet.

Today I saw my pregnancy consultant (who I'm under because of other medical problems) I just got home and looked in my notes - my urine sample today had ++blood and they have sent it for testing.

I'm now really, really worried - what could this mean?! I thought if it was an infection or UTI there would be protien in it too? I'm also really annoyed that nobody told me about this while I was there, I had to read it once I was at home on my own!! Do you think I should call midwife and ask her about it?

I only heard heartbeat yesterday, so I'm sure baby is fine...but I'm SO worried!!

if your worried ring midwife hun it what she there for and she can explain wht they doing

hi there
i know this is an old thread but i wonder can you tell me what happened next?
im currently 16 weeks and also have traces of blood in my urine but no protein seen with the stick test this morning. my doctor is sending the sample away to test further but it will take a few days.
had a scan on monday and the baby is fine, so it does seem to be a urinary thing but no protein just like you is confusing.
i would be really grateful to know what happened?

omg i had blood same as u cudnt see it but traces and all it was was urine infection :) xxx

hi there
i know this is an old thread but i wonder can you tell me what happened next?
im currently 16 weeks and also have traces of blood in my urine but no protein seen with the stick test this morning. my doctor is sending the sample away to test further but it will take a few days.
had a scan on monday and the baby is fine, so it does seem to be a urinary thing but no protein just like you is confusing.
i would be really grateful to know what happened?

I had the same thing on Monday - blood found in my urine on the stick test. I saw my GP who said she's pretty sure it's probably a urine infection and she put me on antibiotics. She has also sent my urine off for further testing just in case, so I'll let you know the outcome xx

Hi there
Just to update, my sample came back with no protein traces so it wasn't a uti. A second sample had no blood traces anymore so I guess it was just one of those things.
Phew!

That's good! Mine turned out to be nothing much, she said she thinks there was an infection that has now gone away.
Its amazing how even little things put us pregnant ladies right on edge and worry like mad! x

i know, its ridiculous!
the internet 'scare stotries' dont help either. i think ill have to stop doing research as it just stresses me out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back