Terrified again

Rubys mummy

Reaction score
Have tried to be postitive over the last few weeks, but I am really weepy and frightened again, I dont know if I can do this...how can I give birth when I am so frightened of the whole thing? Will I die of fright in labour?? Seriously, I am worried my heart will stop as I am so scared :cry: :cry:

Trying to stay strong for OH as he hates seing me upset and he is so excited, but I am not excited as the days go by, just feel sick and want to sleep....

Try not to worry hun, i was worried about this aswell, i used to dream that i died and craig was just left there with the baby on his own.
But honestly..i was worried over nothing..everything was fine..it seems like they are prepared for just about everything in that place. :hug: :hug:

I think even if its your 100th baby you'll still be scared of labour. I had a little cry last night while we were getting ready to go to bed. OH told me to stop being silly. Labour is always something thats going to scare me, even though ive done it before, but its only natural. After you've been through it you'll wonder why you were ever scared in the first place.

Labours not all that bad, some women even sleep through the dilation :wink: lol

aawww zoe :hug:

i know how u feel hun.. im not scared of giving birth.. im scared of giving birth to a still-born :cry:

ive had 3 dreams long before i knew i was having a girl..

i dreamt 3 times that i had a girl and she was a still born.. so far one has come through....

My sisters traumatic birth last week hasnt helped me feel any better, and watching her suffer now with dealing with it is scaring the s**t outta me-I am trying to be positive to her, but all the while i am crapping myself about my own birth :shock:

I just cant imagine the pain and how I will deal with it.

I talked to a few midwives and they showed me round the labour ward while sis was in last week, which reassured me briefly as they are all really lovely and positive, but now I am home and thinking of it, I get scared and panicky. Women do it everyday, time and time again so I know it cant be THAT bad.

I just wish I didnt have to do it :cry:

awww babe sorry your feeling this way.

when i was scared to give birth to harley, i just used to sit in work look at some of the most geekiest timid looking women had children. and every single person around me, some one has had to give birth to them.

i was not that scared to give birth untill i had a show i was sitting in the resterant at the hospital waiting for some one to come get me and i was sobbing like a baby even though i was not in pain i was crying out load saying "I dont want to do it"

but after you will feel like super woman 8)

I know once its over, it will be the proudest moment of my entire life, and I just cant wait to see Lee cuddling our baby so I will try and focus on that to get me through..I can see me bawling saying "I did i, I did it, fooking hell, I did it" :shock:

I look at my sister in law who is a geek, and she gave birth to my two beautiful nieces, so if she did it, I can...

Positive thinking I need, I can do it, I can do it.

Sorry for the whinge guys, but I knew you would all understand :hug:

You will be fine :hug:
You certainly wont die of fright. No one is saying there wont be a certain amount of pain but for that there are pain killers. I am the biggest baby for not liking pain but there is something about the contraction pains that I liked, it was as if the baby was saying 'im coming, im nearly here'.

You hang in there. Can you see a hypnotherapist or anything?

Oh hun, you will be fine! Once everything gets going your body just takes over. I was having panic attacks & days where i'd just sit in bed, curtains closed crying, i never thought i could do it but once everything started my body just took over & i focused on my lil man...& here i am to tell my story :lol: the contractions do hurt but it honestly wasnt as bad as i thought it would be, i prepared myself for the worst and it turned out alot better. Hypnotherapy is meant to be really good!

:hug: :hug:
Mica

Zoe,

I have always been scared of having a baby, and labour was one of the first things I thought about when I found out I was pregnant, thinking holy sh*t I am actually not sure about this!

I have bought a natal hypnotherapy CD which I have posted a link to in the hypnotherapy thread and I now feel really chilled about it since listening to it, which I never thought I would.

PM me if you want more details. I think we are due around the same time?

zoe c said:
Have tried to be postitive over the last few weeks, but I am really weepy and frightened again, I dont know if I can do this...how can I give birth when I am so frightened of the whole thing? Will I die of fright in labour?? Seriously, I am worried my heart will stop as I am so scared :cry: :cry:

Trying to stay strong for OH as he hates seing me upset and he is so excited, but I am not excited as the days go by, just feel sick and want to sleep....

I am petrified hun really scared,you will be fine :hug: xx

U due 10th Jan? I am due 8th...10th is my OHs birthday, I hoping to go 2 days over so he has a birthday prezzie he wont ever forget!! Highly unlikely though

I am willing to give anything a go, and £16 sounds a lot cheaper than a course of hypnotheraphy (sp?)

Which one did you get, was it the Effective Birth Preparation CD for giving birth in hospital?? xxxx

awww hun everyone is worried i spent a whole week in tears as i was bricking it
but seriously hun ull be fine and just think of it one contractions is one contraction closer to holding ur lil one and then ull be like i want another :rotfl:
try not to worry hun and if u need to tlk im here

i am really scared even tho ive had 3 other children!!!

Yes due on the 10th, so could give birth on the same day!! :)

I think the baby will be early though, as showing up bigger than my dates.

I bought the hospital one although I am now thinking I want a home birth. I was going to e-mail the company to see if there was a lot of difference in the home and hospital ones, but I can't see it will be a lot, so will just stick with the one I have got.

I have had hypnotherapy before for other things, so I know it works.

Zoe, I 100% symphathise with you!!

ALL I seem to think about at the moment is the LABOUR and BIRTH!

It sounds terrible and I know I shouldnt be doing this but im actually wishing away these last few weeks so I can get it over and done with when really I should be savouring them. :cry:

Not a DAY goes by when I think about the impending event and I conjure up all these scenarios in my head of what its going to be like, doesnt help at all but I just cant seem to stop myself lol!!

But what gives me hope is, if I prepare for the worst, it can only be better than expected right? And like the other ladies said, there are people out there that are such pussies and they can do it, so im damn sure I can (even though I am a pussy lol!!)

Look at these young girls that do it, and even a lot older women?? And all the people in poorer countries that go off to holes and birth in the ground on there own with no pain relief :shock:

I think we have a better deal in this country thats for sure. Im just going to focus at the time and think 'This is it, its time for me to meet my son' and im sure that will spur me on :D

PM whenever you like chick, cos im with you all the way! :hug:

Thank you all and Jades :hug: I wish I could go in with you, and we could hold each others hand all the way through :hug:

I returned to work today after my week off sick, and was overwhelmed by everyone being nice. One girl asked me if I was excited about the baby coming and I said "No, I am so scared" and burst into floods of sobbing heart wrenching tears :shock: :cry: I felt sooo embarrassed as no one knew what to do :oops:

I keep saying "stop the bus, I want to get off!!" :rotfl:

It was good being on work, it has focused my mind and stops me fretting, I dont want to finish work now on maternity leave coz I know I will go crazy at home, waiting for the birth :bored:

Awww Zoe, I know you can do this. You will be fine. Just go in there feeling positive. It has got to happen and this is the only thing you will do with the best reward at the end of it. Your OH will be so supportive and with you all the way so you are not alone.

Before you know it, you will be wanting another one and going through it all again!! :hug:

Lynsey said:
Awww Zoe, I know you can do this. You will be fine. Just go in there feeling positive. It has got to happen and this is the only thing you will do with the best reward at the end of it. Your OH will be so supportive and with you all the way so you are not alone.

Before you know it, you will be wanting another one and going through it all again!! :hug:

You are positive Lyns, I admire you, saying all that before you have even experienced it!!!! :shock:

Give me some of your positive labour dust!!! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back