Terrified again

violet-glow said:
Labours not all that bad, some women even sleep through the dilation :wink: lol

try not to be one of them people..you miss out on all the good pain relief :shakehead:

I'm really scared too hun, been having braxton hicks contractions, cramps and back pain on and off and it's just sunk in that this baby has to get out of me somehow!! I don't wanna go through the pain thing either but it can't stay in there forever and I wanna hug em :cheer: :cheer:

Think positive and remember "there are big fat drugs" :cheer: :hug:

Bev x x

Exactly my advice, no-one NEED be in extreme pain.

Take the drugs if you need to, that's what they're there for! (I loved 'em :D ) But who knows, you might not even need it :hug:

I am trying to avoid drugs to be honest-sorry if tmi and dont think bad of me for this but I had a terrible experience in Amsterdamn a few years ago with a spliff, I had a proper panic attack after smoking it-it was dreadful, I thought I would die of fright I was so scared, and it frightened the s**t outta me. Never touched anything before or since that would make me feel out of control (except alcohol-and even then I drink to being tipsy and not legless)

I am so afraid pethedine would make me feel like I did then, and panic me?? I know gas and air would be ok, had that in the past for broken shoulder and the second I took the mask away, the effect was gone....

Maybe its this fear that is making the fear of birth worse, knowing I am limiting my choice of pain relief??

Sorry for whinging, I sound like a right wuss dont I?? :cry: xx

Can I do that? Sorry if I sound dim but new to this and havent had parent craft classes yet?? Have heard about mobile epidoodle as I like the thought of being able to move around-anyone had one?? :think:

zoe c said:
I am trying to avoid drugs to be honest-sorry if tmi and dont think bad of me for this but I had a terrible experience in Amsterdamn a few years ago with a spliff, I had a proper panic attack after smoking it-it was dreadful, I thought I would die of fright I was so scared, and it frightened the s**t outta me. Never touched anything before or since that would make me feel out of control (except alcohol-and even then I drink to being tipsy and not legless)

I am so afraid pethedine would make me feel like I did then,

I'm going to be blantantly honest, Zoe. I've smoked cannibis in the past, and it was the gas and air that made me feel stoned and silly. The pethadine is an opiate, similar effect to heroin. You know that scene in trainspotting, where Renton sinks through the floor? That's what I felt like. :rotfl:

Don't let me put you off gas and air though, because it's pure and not mixed with rubbish like cannibis, you're unlikely to get panicky or upset. It's like the BEST spliff experience :wink: It's fab for the pain with no after effects for bubba xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back