Tens Machines

Little Rose

Reaction score
Hi - have any of you used a tens machine or do you know much about them? Am considering using one of these but would be interested in hearing other peoples thoughts/experiences.

I have a brand new one, but turns out I probs won't be able to use the sodding thing as baby is breech so have o have c-section. Tested it on hubby and he said it's a very wierd feeling, but it's not unpleasant.

They are supposed to be very good to distract you from the pain from a contractions. So it contracts some back muscles so that you focus on something else...like a little massage too. My one has a boost button to so that in a contraction you can up the power I you need to.

I used one at the beginning of my labour. got to about 4cm using just that but beyond that point it did nothing for me. it was on me the whole way thru but past that point i didn't even feel it. but i would say it was good 4 early labour and would definitely use one again. i hired mine from my local tesco pharmacy. was about 30 pound and i ended up having it about 5 weeks x

I used this for most of my labour, LO turned and went back to back so most of my pain was back, and it helped lots.. I would recomend having one on stand by at least, once I went onto the gas and air, if I'm being honest, I didn't feel it at all :lol: I knew the G+A was wearing off when I started to feel the pulses in my back again :lol: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back