Tens machine

mum2A&L

Reaction score
I was just wondering, how many expectant mums are going to use a tens machine for pain relief?

Ive heard nothing but good things about them, but I still havn't decided if i am going to hire one.

Does anyone have any advise / past experiences / thoughts?

Mine was preordered weeks ago, my view is that anything non drug related is worth a bash!

im looking at gettin one, not sure wheterh to buy it or loan it, coz when ive been looking to loan it around the time of your birth its between £20-40, but to buy one its not that mcuh more, so im debating buying one coz my dad can use it for his bad back afterwards, or i can lend it my sister next time she has a kiddy..

lozzijane said:
im looking at gettin one, not sure wheterh to buy it or loan it, coz when ive been looking to loan it around the time of your birth its between £20-40, but to buy one its not that mcuh more, so im debating buying one coz my dad can use it for his bad back afterwards, or i can lend it my sister next time she has a kiddy..

Or sell it on Ebay Lozzi

yeah exactly jaidy! :D seems mad spendin nearly as much as one wud cost...

lozzijane said:

thats the other thing i was wondering.

Also, is there one brand that is the best?

We bought a cheapish one from Toys r us for about £50. I've not tried it yet, as it says not until you're 30 or 37 weeks preggers lol, but it looks good lolololol. It's a nice purple colour - like that will matter when I'm screaming blue murder lololol, and it has a boost button on a lead for use during contractions. The best thing about it is that it has a really clear booklet with it, plus spare electrodes (that dont need gel - apparently the ones that do need gel, can give you a bit of a shock if the gel dries out, or so a friend of mine says) and a spare lead. It also tells you how to use it for other aches and pains. To be fair the booklet thingy is probably pretty standard practice with any tens machine, but I liked this one as it gives pre-birth and during birth/post birth accupuncture points that you can stimulate yourself, or get your partner too (...) or the machine to do if you're in labour or after giving birth. Its: http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Product.aspx/b ... are/283754

ooo.. it is a lovely colour :)

Might have to go into toysrus at the weekend and have a looky :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back