• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tens machine

Little bean

Reaction score
Is anybody going to hire a tens machine and if so where from? Xx

I'll prob hire one from boots, they start at about £30 I think. You can hire them via their website x

I am borrowing one from my MIL who has one for her back pain. My sister had one for her labour and she said It was amazing.

I didn't realise you could use the same kind, don't know why but I foolishly thought it had to be one specifically for labour. my auntie has one so I'll borrow hers in that case! Happy days xx

Hi ladies - jumping back into tri3! Lol!

Just thought I'd say that the tens machine (and co-codomal) got me from 5cm (when I went into hospital) to 8cm!! Its really amazing if its put on properly and I would recommend it! I was walking about the hospital, away outside and stuff and was able to bear the contractions!

Just take note though - the one for pregnancy is different. It has a 'boost' button which changes the pulses it sends through your back, which you press when your having a contraction. The normal back ones dont have these - its just a constant pulse.

Also - check with your hospital - if they have them you can take one away with you if they send you home. Plus with it being in the hospital your not likely to use it too quickly then it doesn't help much at later stages. The midwifes also know exactly where to put the sticky pad things on your back! :)

Good luck :) xxx

I have just bought the MiracleTENS off amazon - I'm planning to have more than one baby and it was about £45 so thought it was worth spending the extra money now. It had good reviews but I don't know how it compares to the more expensive brands.

MW said that they are most effective if you use them from very early stages of labour and leave them on for the whole time, so might be best to have access to one. Hoping it works for me!!

xx

I have hired a TENS machine. I used one with my daughter from 1cm to 10cm and that was it :) (she was back to back though so worked a treat)

As someone has already said there is a different one for pregnancy which has a boost button, this does help!!!
I have hired mine online again cost me around £25 for 8 weeks hire. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcorso
Back