telling work

natashateale

Reaction score
I am so nervous about doing this, mostly because I need to change shifts due to my daughtr going to school. But also because I dont have much to do with my manager, I work nights so dont see her much.
I also dont know if I am entitle to maternity pay but I guess thats something I will jave to find out. I dont know how she will react but I guess I just have to bite the bullet. Plus is it silly to tell her at only 6weeks, before I have seen the doctor.

It's totally upto you if you want to tell them yet or not, i guess it depends on what kind of work you do as to whether changes will need to be made to accomadate your pregnancy. Legally you do not have to tell them anything untill 15 weeks before the babies due date. As to whether you are entitled to maternity pay depends on how long you have worked there x

Last edited:
I told my work when I was 5 weeks just because of the work I do, I'm out on construction sites alot and therefore they had to know for various safety reasons. I was also really nervous about telling them as my boss is a numpty, but felt more relaxed about work once they knew and it meant that if I was suffering with MS they knew why. It is entirely up to you when you decide to tell them.

I think telling them early means that you've given them oodles of notice to sort themselves out.
x

Last edited:
I told mine at 11 weeks, I wanted to tell my parents first, but didn't want to tell them untill I had past the scary stage.

I really wussed out about telling work, I emailed them the news whilst off sick due to pregnancy sickness - they were good about it when I returned to work though! Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back