Telling midwife every little thing?

xshauna_bazx

Reaction score
Well i started itching not yestoday day before, and its constant now...all over! I text midwife and she said to phone the ward so i did and they wanted me to come through...i had no transport and its 10 miles away. I said could i not go to my midwife as i don't drive. She got funny and said "well what would you do if you went into labour" can you not call an ambulance these days or something? She said to contact my midwife and i have an appointment at half 11 for blood tests for that Obstetric cholestasis. Is it importnant to tell the midwife EVERY little thing...i just feel like i waste their time and my time as i end up having to travel to the hospital and everything turns out ok...i know its better safe than sorry but i feel like i am bringing these blood tests and everything on myself by worrying too much!!! I am fed up now, having a SHIT day which i wish would hurry up and end!!! :( xxx

Aww Hun as you say it is better to be safe than sorry - I think if there is anything at all concerning you then you should tell your mw and it's their job to deal with it for you so don't worry about wasting people's time etc. Hope your app goes ok xx

Thanks, i just feel really fed up today and that everything is just a waste of time...
Need to talk with her about my blood pressure in labour too, i am worried about it. My mam's blood pressure went really high in labour with me and with me having problems in pregnancy with my blood pressure anyways its bothering me xxx

Hey, the MW are there for us during pregnancy, tell her what you want I am sure she will alleviate your fears, it is what they do.. xx

I know how you feel Hun, it's a real ball ache if you are worried about something. The midwife should just come out and see you, but the system makes everything so difficult. I spent £20 on a taxi to hospital the other day, and there turned out to be nothing wrong. Glad I went but it was a right hassle. My midwife doesn't even give out her number! If I had gone into labour before she came round today for my visit she told me I had to ring one of three numbers to let her know so she didn't waste her time! Like that's my top priority when I'm in labour! X

I think you should tell her everything. I have had really bad itching and still have. I have a rash all over my bump and now on the top of my legs. My hands are now starting to get it. The midwife did blood tests on me and they came back fine but it was best to check. Try not to itch (very hard as mine gets a bit uncontrollable) as that made my rash red raw and worse. I went to the doctor and got some hydrocortisone cream to put on my rash. xx

I know what you mean as well. You feel like you're wasting their time and the mw's I've met are soooo patronising! Maybe its just me........but do they have patronising on their Job description!?

But its more important you get checked out than how the mw feels, I know that they are very short staffed but thats not our fault!

x

Do you know what? I got the same attitude when I was preg with Ethan and I knew something wasn't right. It was the first time I'd called during my whole pregnancy and I got such attitude on the phone. She told me to come in eventually cos I was in tears with worry and I still was sent home. Wasn't until I had a routin scan the following day that anything was picked, thanks to one very good, experienced midwife who just looke at me and knew something wasn't right. I tell you when thn diagnosed me the stupid bitch came to my room and came to check on me personally. I know why because she felt so shot and guilty for not listening to me. She cost my son another day that he didn't have. She was going on with herself about how we weren't to know about these thins blah blah, covering her own bam and checking I wasnt gonna complain her ass!! Bitch!!

So, sorry for that rant but definitely call them about anything that worries you it's their job an we need that support. If they don't like it, well that's their problem...!!

Laura that's awful :( just shows you how important is is to call. And also to stick to your guns when you know something isn't right :hugs:

X

Yeah you lot are right. Thats terrible the way you got treated Laura! They should be more comforting to people...i have met some nasty bitches whilst being pregnant but some really nice ones too. Shame they all arent as understanding!

Blood pressure is back up today so getting it checked again tomorrow, not as high but still 92! Wonder why it keeps going up :( xxx

Defo best to tell them everything!

I've just broken down in tears at my MW app so now she must think i'm a right nutter!! It's a work issue but she asked me how I was feeling and that was it, the flood gates opened! lol Thankfully my little man is happy! lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back