OMG Obstetric cholestasis???

Warley

Reaction score
Sorry to be such a drama queen but was talking with my friend last night and was saying that I have had really itchy feet at night and she said have you heard of Obstetric cholestasis. Having looked into it I am having problems overheating which is strange for someone who has always felt the cold!

What do you think ladies, should I ring the midwife straight away or and I being a hyperchondriac and wait for my next appointment to tell her (23/01)??

Please help!

i dunnno im going through the same ( see posts in oc post at top)

i got so hot in tesco yesterday i nearly passed out . ive not even had the heating on at night and im too hot under a duvet . and of cause extreme tired ness i mentioned a few days ago but iron levels fine.

but even tho i am fairly ichy at night , im not durring the day so im not sure what to do either !

Perhaps we should just ring...that's what they are there for! I know I am prob overeacting and adjusting my ailments to suit the problem but it says nausea and although I haven't felt sick, I have been off certain foods which I normally can't resist, I would def class that as some sort of digestive problem!

I'd call your MW if I were you (both of you) just to be on the safe side :hug:

G3M said:
i got so hot in tesco yesterday i nearly passed out . ive not even had the heating on at night and im too hot under a duvet . and of cause extreme tired ness i mentioned a few days ago but iron levels fine.

I get overheated all the time at the moment too...I think it's a pretty normal side effect. I wake up in the middle of the night plastered to the bed I am so hot! My hubby wakes up every morning complaining how cold the room is but I can't bare having the heating on at the mo! I overheated in the cinema the other day and had to leave :?

i love it when someone says call my midwife ! i have no idea how :rotfl: i dont have her number !

does it really say about sickness? lmao did u see my post about sickness coming back :rotfl:

i could do with someone telling me if your ment to itch 24/7 cos if u are , well im not , and everything else must just be annoyin preggy symtons :wall:

I wud say to both of you get checked out to be on the safe side, I was checked for OS a while back as I had mega itchy hands & feet and it turned out to be an allergy to penicillin that I had developed but more than anything it put my mind at rest that it was nothing more serious like OS...

Ring ur MW, Gem if u dont have a number for MW then ring labour ward as thats what they are there for... they normally have a triage clinic (mine do) where they will do bloods & check u over.

Just checked my pregnancy book at it says that overheating is totally normal, especially at night as your metabolic rate is up 20%.

Well that's marvellous.....
....Just rang up and there is no MW in today!

Gem...you should have it written somewhere on your midwifry notes...not that it will do you any good if there is no bugger there!

CarleyX

Warley said:
Well that's marvellous.....
....Just rang up and there is no MW in today!

Gem...you should have it written somewhere on your midwifry notes...not that it will do you any good if there is no bugger there!

CarleyX

nope , just the hossy ward numbers !

im not gonna worry till im itching much more , as im prob itching cos im so hot ! so be daft to go hossy when i dont need too . see how it goes over weekend :)

Definitely ring to be sure - but overheating is normal as your metabolism is raised and you have increased blood flow.

Yep.. me too going to stop worrying, after all if we do have it there is still a few weeks for it to be diagnosed and then it seems like you get induced at 37 weeks (hopefully!) which we are both at least a month from.

Have just read that it helps to have a low fat diet - so body doesn't have to produce bile to sort the fat out.. so am gonna be v careful with fat intake and see if it helps.
Carley

I got diagnosed at 31 weeks the earlier the better so they can monitor you and control your meds properly, you would also need steroid injections to be able to induce at 37 weeks, so please please don't just leave it as it is better to be checked and it be nothing

G3M i didn't itch badly at all to begin with just a little bit on my arms ( so the feet and hands thing is a bit of a myth as it can occur anywhere)

Again please get checked ASAP it is only a simple blood test

good luck girls, hope everything turns out ok, if not remember i have a monkey of a 2 year old to show for mine LOL

omg the itching kept me up last night , at 2 am i was having to remove my watch as my wrists and fingers were so bad and the soles of my feet were awfull , i tired some coco butter but that didnt help

now im getting a bit more concerned , but its the weekend and i dont know if its worth phoning the hossy ?

I mentioned it to my MW and she said she would send some tests off but that i would have to wait 2 weeks for the results (i think i was 28 nish weeks pg). I went to my GP a few days later, and he sent me to the maternity ward in my hospital (which is where my MW is based), and i got the results the same day! i said to my gp i couldn't sleep what with the itching and getting stressed out about my results, and he made them rush it through.

tip though, pop a damp flannel in the fridge, its great for hot itchy feet in the middle of the night!!

Let us know how it goes girls :hug: there are a few of us with healthy LO's after suffering from this :hug: :hug:

maybe you could call maternity ward hun, they may well see you
Another Top tip is to buy some Magicool spray, ooh it is heaven in a can

keep us posted :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27