Telling Family the news- am I right to be angry??

AndreaJayne

Reaction score
Hi all, back on here after having my first child 4 years ago. Now 4 weeks preg. My & OH talked about telling ppl & I said its best we wait until 12weeks n he agreed. Earlier this week he said he wanted to tell evrty1 so I said tell ur work n we will tell all our family in due course.
Told his grandparents today at a family birthday, whilst there I noticed his brother keep staring at me, so when we got home I asked if he had told him n at first he lied then admitted he had told him Friday.
I am angry as this is sonething we were going to do together, because I yelled at him his reply was do what I want as we would be unfit parents with the way I've acted.

I feel that I should stand my ground on this one as I feel he has gone behind my back.

What do you ladies think please?

I think while it is early to be telling people it's done now so no point being angry and ruining a happy time. Just tell him no one else until you're ready

I understand why you were annoyed, I would have been too.

Although I do think it's quite sweet as well, shows how excited yr OH is xx

I can understand why you would be upset, I would have been angry if hubby had told his parents or siblings as we had agreed not to.
Although, he did tell one of his close friends by 'accident' and I wasn't mad at all. He was just so excited that he let it slip out which I thought was cute.
I guess it depends what his/your relationship with his family is like. My husband's family are very controlling and would have loved that he told them when he shouldn't have - that's what would have annoyed me more!!

Hope you've worked things out x

Id be pissed off, if you both agreed and he had told someone then Id be a bit annoyed. However he told his brother - Id be more annoyed or angry if it was a friend or non close person.

I warned OH not to tell anyone at his work as he works with one of my relatives - so that would be the secret out. If he then came back and told me that he had told his brother Id maybe say well we agreed that we wouldnt tell anyone but I dont think Id get into a huge argument over it or anything. Its his news too, and he is understandably excited.

Hope it works itself out.

xxxx

We agreed to tell our parents from the start, then I found out my OH told his brother in the pub...... I wasn't happy but he was like "He is the person I am closest to in my family" which I understand but I really don't want him telling his girlfriend because I know she can't hold her own water x

I would be furious!! We still haven't told anyone, only 2 weeks until we do after 12wk scan, but we've been so excited planning how to tell family. I think you're right, it's something you should do together. Everyone's different of course, but if you already told him that's what you want to do then he should've respected that. If he had a problem then he should've spoken to you about it too...sorry this has happened :( xx

Thanks for your answers ladies, im trying to not be so harsh but ive turned into a complete witch in this pregnancy !! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back